Students who are new to Canada with no credit history, can now take advantage of the L’earn Credit Card which offers an accelerated Money-back rewards for students.
Reasons you should get this card for your everyday purchases
- Cardholders enjoy a 1% Money-back reward
- Free from annual fee stress
- With your card, you can spend wisely, and earn valuable rewards
- You can make use of your card, to build a good credit rating
- L’earn Credit Card is compatible with Visa payWave™. All you have to do, is wave your card and go
- Qualifies for My Mobile Wallet
- Qualifies for Apple Pay, as well as Android Pay
- Easily check out online with Visa Checkout
- Rewards you with accelerated Money-back rewards program
- Enables you save on car rentals
- Revel cash advantages
- Offers you protection, from some of life’s unpredictable events like disability, job loss, strike or lockout, critical illness or loss of life.
What Fees/Rates should I expect?
- Annual Fee – $0.00
- Interest Rates – 19.99% / 22.99%
- Credit Limit – $500.00 (Minimum)
- Cash Advances – 22.99
- Annual Purchases Rate – 19.99%
- Interest Free Grace Period – 21 days
Things you should know before you apply
- You must be an International Student with at least 6 months left on your permit
- Should reach the age of majority in your province/territory (18 years in AB, MB, ON, PE, QC, SK, 19 years in all others)
- Must not be declared bankrupt in the past seven years
- A Canadian address is needed.
How do I apply?
You can apply by doing the following;
- Scroll to Scotiabank application page
- Review, and consent to the terms and conditions of the credit card
- Tap on the “Continue” link to proceed further
- Key in the following; First name, Middle initial, Last name, Home phone, Mobile phone and Email address.
- Next, enter your employment information, which is employer name, phone number and time employed
- Thereafter enter your gross monthly income – annual income before deductions divided by 12.
- Monthly housing costs – monthly rent or mortgage payment
- School information – name, program, expected graduation date
- Your passport is required
- Key in your date of arrival in Canada – you must currently be in Canada and have arrived in Canada within the last three years
- Then enter your Canadian Visa /Landing Document Number.
How do I add a supplementary card?
To request a supplementary card, login to Scotia OnLine®. Note, you will be responsible for all transactions made by the supplementary cardholder you add to your account.
How do I increase my credit limit?
If you want to increase your credit limit, you can do so by choosing any of these options;
Simply log into your Scotia OnLine® account to make your request.
Just call 1-800-367-6466 (Canada/USA)
Contact your Scotiabank branch.
How do I report a lost or stolen card?
If you lost your credit card or it was stolen or you need a replacement, you are to call Scotiabank right away to have a replacement card sent to you.
Call (416) 288-1440 (Greater Toronto, outside Canada and USA, call collect)
Call 1-800-645-0288 (TTY – Canada/USA).
How do I switch or close my account?
If you want to switch to another Scotiabank credit card, consolidate multiple Scotiabank credit card accounts, or close your Scotiabank credit card account,
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (ET)
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (ET)
How do I activate my card?
You can activate your card online or call at 1-800-806-8600. Activating your card is quick, easy and secure. Once your card is activated it is ready for use.
Note; Only the primary cardholder can activate a credit card.
How does the Moneyback reward program work?
L’earn Credit Card instantly offers you a Money-back reward of up to 1% on purchases you make using your card.
With Low Money-back reward tiers, you easily earn more rewards.
Here’s how it works;
Annual Net Eligible Purchases % Money-back Reward
the first $500 0.25%
On the next $500 0.50%
On any amount over $1000 1.00%
L’earn Credit Card Customer Service Number
If you have any question, call 1.800.4SCOTIA (1-800-472-6842)
1-800-645-0288 (Services for Deaf, deafened and hard of hearing)
(416) 701-7200 (Greater Toronto/outside Canada and USA, call collect).