Citi® Secured Mastercard® is issued by Citibank. It is a card that helps build your credit history. Citi® Secured Mastercard® is an option for people with limited or no credit history, to help them build their credit history, and require a security deposit.
Those who are hoping to build a credit history for their financial future with no annual fee can consider applying for this card to start their financial security journey.
Citi® Secured Mastercard®
All you have to do for this card to work for you is to make everyday purchases and pay your bill on time. This card helps you build your credit history with monthly reporting to all 3 credit bureaus. You also get free access to your FICO score online, and you know tracking your score is a great first step to managing your credit history and taking control of your financial future.
Citi® Secured Mastercard® Benefits
Here we bring you benefits that make your card usage fun:
- Offers cardholders protection from identity theft, identifies compromised accounts, filing police reports, and takes steps, to regain your good name and good credit back.
- Get purchase protection of $0 liability on unauthorized charges.
- Citi® Secured Mastercard® is accepted at millions of merchant locations, ATMs, and financial institutions globally. You can use your card, to make purchases, and to get emergency cash anywhere in the world where Mastercard® credit cards are accepted.
- Manage your account online and on the go, to enjoy 24/7 access to your account online. You can check your balance, view transactions, and even make a payment using free online and mobile banking tools. It also delivers free account alerts right to your mobile device.
There you have benefits that will thrill you and make your purchases worth it.
Citi® Secured Mastercard® Application
To apply for, and get approved for Citi® Secured Mastercard®, applicants must note the following;
- Your income and debt must be reviewed.
- The security deposit must be equal to your credit limit.
- The applicant must not have any bankruptcy history within the last two years.
- The security deposit required for this product is a minimum of $200.
How to Apply
- Scroll to Citibank application page https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-card-details/citi.action?ID=citi-secured-credit-card.
- On the Webpage, key in the following details; First name, Middle Initial (opt), Last name, Suffix (opt), Date of birth, Social security number.
- Answer the question “Are you a citizen?” by ticking either the “Yes” or “No” box.
- Type in the following address and contact details; Home address, Apt/site. (opt), Zipcode, City, State.
- Tick the box provided, if you’d like to provide a P.O. Box address (opt).
- Enter your Primary phone number, Work phone number.
- Tick the appropriate box, if the primary phone number is your mobile number (opt).
- Enter Email address (opt).
- Type in a security word.
- Enter the following financial information; Total annual income, monthly mortgage/rent payment.
- Enter the credit line request (Security deposit amount).
- Add an authorized user (Opt).
- Go through the terms and conditions of the card and agree to them.
- Lastly, tap on the “Submit” link to complete your application procedure.
With these steps, you can successfully apply for the Citi Secured card.
Citi® Secured Mastercard® Activation
To activate your newly acquired Citi® Secured Mastercard®;
- Login to Citibank Online.
- Tap on the “Activate your card” link, which is displayed under your account details on the Account Summary screen.
- Key in the required One Time Pin (OTP).
- Choose the card you want to activate.
- Tap on the “Activate” link.
- Follow the prompts, to get your card activated.
Once you have successfully activated your card, it will be ready for use.
How to Login Citi® Secured Mastercard®
To gain access to your account;
- Scroll to the Citibank login page.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- Tap on the “Sign On” link.
Logging in was simple right? You can now enjoy your online account.
How to Recover Citi® Secured Mastercard® User ID and Password
Recovering your User ID or Password is easy:
- On the login page, click on the “Forgot User ID or Password? Link.
- On the new page that pops up.
- Enter your Debit/ATM/ Credit Card Number.
- Tap on the “Continue” link.
Just continue and you will be properly guided on how to successfully recover your password or user ID.
How to Make Citi® Secured Mastercard® Bill Payment
You can make your bill payment, using BPAY®.
- Start by calling using the number listed on the card’s website.
- Key in your card or account number.
- Choose the third option.
- Key in your Telephone PIN.
- Enter the biller code.
- Key in the customer reference number.
- Key in the amount in dollars and cents, excluding the decimal point.
There, your bill payment is complete.
Citi® Secured Mastercard® Customer Service
If you have any questions about the Citi Secured Mastercard, call using the number listed on the card’s website, to gain access to a customer care agent.