In this article, we will be discussing the possible Covid-19 Symptoms.Covid-19 has become popular and a Hugh concern to the nations of the world. The Covid-19 virus is taking lives on a daily basis. The Covid-19 symptoms are very common almost and easy to know just like symptoms of malaria or symptoms of flu. As soon as you discover these symptoms rush for a clinical test.
Although a show of the Covid-19 Symptoms or a similar symptom could cause panic, we are advised to report such a situation to the nearest medical center. This gets the person tested, isolated and observed. If the results turn positive, the infected person would get medical help early. Before we dwell more on the symptoms, let’s learn about the Covid-19 virus.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus outbreak. The disease is a highly transmitted and pathogenic viral infection that is caused by Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which originated from Wuhan in China and spread across the world.
However, the virus is mainly transmitted from human to human. Also, there is no clinically approved antiviral drug or vaccine available to be used against Covid-19. A few spectra antiviral drugs have been evaluated against COVID-19 in clinical trials, resulted in clinical recovery. The Covid-19 Virus at the early stage delays between the period of infection, the moment the person became infected with the virus and the period when it develops symptoms for about 14 days. This is called the incubation period. The incubation period for Covid-19 is five to six days but may vary from two to fourteen days.
Symptoms of Covid-19
Covid-19 Symptoms are just very similar to the symptoms of common flu as I earlier mentioned. Fever, running nose, cough, general body weakness, sore throat, frequent sneezing, etc., is the symptoms of the Covid-19. Here are some of the Covid-19 symptoms according to research and the ones seen from victims so far:
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion
- Dry cough
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell
- Loss of sense of taste
- Nausea (vomiting)
- A high temperature
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness of the chest
- Multi-organ failure
- Conjunctiva congestion
The symptoms are usually mild when it’s starts and gradually increases to a severe stage if not properly treated.
How to Prevent Covid-19 Virus
There are several measures one can take to prevent the Covid-19 virus.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently using soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Keep at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Then your hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
- Cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of used tissue immediately where others won’t touch them
- Seek medical care early if you or your child has a fever, cough or difficulty breathing
- Use medical masks if you have respiratory symptoms (coughing or sneezing) to protect others. If you don’t have any symptoms, then there is no need to wear a mask.
- Remember to dispose of used masks properly to avoid any increased risk of transmitting the virus.
The washing of hands regularly has proven to be the most effective way to stay safe of the virus. Follow these measures diligently to stay safe,.