Credit cards for flights. These are Airlines credit cards that are used for travelling. These credit cards are an excellent addition to your wallet especially if you fly frequently with a particular airline. Flights credit cards come with unique features and perks and benefits. Credit cards for flights still offer value on airline purchases, on our list are top Airlines credit cards both co-branded cards and travel credit cards that earn transferable point currencies.
However, for now, the airline is not operational due to the spread of covid-19, but that notwithstanding people are still planning their trip ahead. So, many of the credit cards for flights on our list offer great sign-up bonuses or earning structures that you can use to build more miles now that you can redeem for an excellent getaway later in the year.
Credit Cards For Flights
The credit card for flights has its features and perks that make it’s outstanding among other cards. Here are our credit cards for flights:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- Citi® AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard
- United Explorer Card
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
Above are the best credit cards for all your earnings on travel miles and flight purchases and they are good for other activities such as travels, business and more.
Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card
The Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card is best for Travelers. You will earn about 50,000 bonus points after you spend up to $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from the opening of the account.
However, the credit card comes with an annual fee of $500 but its rich rewards earning rates on travel and on restaurant purchases. If you want or enjoy airport lounges then this the card for you. A $300 annual credit towards travel and superior travel perks. It is even more convenient for frequent travellers.
Also, you will get some terrific flexibility when it comes to redeeming your reward points. These points can be used to book airline or hotel of your choice via the Chase online portal. Or transfer then to any eligible airline or hotel reward programs.
Here are the highlights of the Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card:
- Enjoy points that are worth 50% more when you redeem the points for travel via Chase’s Ultimate Rewards portal.
- You will receive 50,000 points when you spend up to $4,000 in your first 3 months opening pf account
- Get an unusual $300 travel credit for eligible purchases charged to your card each anniversary year
- You will earn 3 points on travel excluding purchases eligible for the travel credit, restaurants, and dining.
- Earn 1 point for each $1 spent on other purchases.
- Transfer points 1:1 to eligible Ultimate Rewards airline and hotel partner programs.
- It is packed up with valuable travel credit and travel insurance benefits
- There are different valuable means of using points including transfers to partners loyalty programs
- Many different purchases matters as travel spending, which makes earning rewards easy
- Users earn points for travel and dining purchases.
- No foreign transaction fee
- High annual fee
- High ongoing APR
The credit card comes with fabulous features and benefits exclusively for its card users.
Citi® AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite MasterCard
The credit card is the best deal for lovers of American Airlines. The Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard is packed with benefits, including access to American Airlines Admirals Club Lounges. Its help to achieve a status fast boost to 10,000bonus Elite Qualifying Miles after you spend $40,000 in purchases within a year. Cardholders earn extra perks such as VIP check-in, priority boarding, concierge service, and free checked bag.
Credit Card Highlights
- You will earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles when you have made purchases of $5,000 “within your first 3 months of account opening
- Plus, Admiral’s club® membership
- Access to two guests or immediate family members travelling with you. Admirals Club® membership for you
- No Foreign transaction fees on Purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and a1 AAdvantage mile for each $1 spent on other purchases
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions travelling with you on the same reservation.
- A standard APR for Citi Flex Plan is 15.99% – 24.99% variable, based on creditworthiness. This plan is based on Citi’s discretion
- Free checked bag for about 8 companions
- A large network of partner Airlines
- Access to Free Admirals Club Lounges for all authorized cardholders
- Some dates blackout are applied
- Lacklustre rewards rates
- Requires an excellent credit score for applications
- It has a high $450 annual fee with no first-year waiver
This credit card comes with fabulous features and benefits exclusively for its cardholders.
Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard
The Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard® offers average mileage earnings rate. $25k in annual spending gets you a companion ticket, and you’ll earn tier points towards your flying Club status.
Credit Card Highlights
- Earn up to 30,000 flying Club bonus miles after spending 1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of opening your account
- Get 1.5 miles for each $1 spent on all other purchases with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Get 3 miles for each $1 spent directly on Virgin Atlantic purchases
- Earn about 5,000 Flying Club bonus on miles when you add additional authorized users to your card
- Earn up to 15,000 Flying Club bonus mimes every card anniversary after qualifying purchases
- Receive a premium upgrade or a companion ticket after qualifying purchases
- Additionally, you earn miles, also with each tier points. Earn 25 tier points for each 2,5000 in purchases (maximum 50 per month).
- There is no foreign transaction fee
- There are Options on earnings bonus miles annually
- The good mileage earnings rate
- Excellent World Elite MasterCard travel perks
- It comes with a high APR
- No priority boarding or other in-flight perks
- Limited options on redemption
- 3% balance transfer fee minimum $10
The Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard is an amazing card for your trips.
Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
This Credit card really means good for its card users especially those fly frequently on Delta Airline. For those that use this airline grab the miles that come with this card. However, the Sky Club membership alone offsets the annual fee. You will get a free first checked bag when you fly Delta Priority boarding and many more benefits.
Credit Card Highlights
- It comes with a $550 annual fee
- No foreign transaction fee
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Centurion Lounges when you book your flight with delta Reserve Card.
- Complimentary Access to DeltaSky Clubs when you travel on Delta flight
- Get free credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre®
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights
- Earn 3 times Miles on Delta purchases
- Gain 1 time Mile on all other eligible purchases
- Receive 40,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) when you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months
- Using your Status Boost™, earn 15,000 MQMs after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year, getting you closer to Medallion Status.
- Enjoy Concierge Service
- Free Sky Club membership valued at $545 annually
- Rich Delta perks including companion certificate, free first checked bag when you fly Delta Priority boarding
- High regular APR
- Mediocre miles earning rates
- Companion certificate only valid for domestic flights
- Lounges access only valid at Delta’s Sky Club
United Club Infinite Card
The United Club infinite card offers lots of mikes earnings when you make purchases with the Card. The card is designed with a suite of travel perks especially when you’re a member of the United Club. You get miles bonus as a welcome package. Let see more on this card.
Credit Card Highlights
- You will receive 25% back as a statement credit on purchases if food, beverages and free Wi-Fi board United-operated flight when you pay with your club card
- There is no intro annual fee, thereafter you pay $525
- Free first and second checked bags, a savings of up to $320 per round trip. Terms apply
- Get up to $1000 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck™ free credit
- Earn 4 miles at each $1 spent on United purchases including tickets, Economy Plus, inflight food, beverage and Wi-Fi, and other United charges
- Earn 2 miles for each $1 spent on all other travel
- Get 1 mile for each $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 2 miles for each $1 spent on dining at restaurants and eligible delivery services including GrubHub, Caviar, Seamless and Door Dash
- Travel perks that include Premier Access and free checked bag
- You will get a United Club membership with more than the annual fee
- There is no foreign transaction fee in the card
- It has a high annual fee though waived the first year
- No intro APR offer
- There is a high regular APR of 16.49% – 23.49% variable
- There is no welcome miles bonus
The United Club infinite card a good card for its frequent flyers. In picking a credit card for flights you must make your choice carefully and be a regular flyer if that airline.
For more Recent Contents:
- Lombard 55 Card: How to Apply for Lombard 55 Card
- David Jones Credit Card: David Jones Card Login
- Firestone Credit Card: How to Apply Online
- Littlewoods Credit Card: Littlewoods Credit Card Login