Essential Credit Card, is issued by American Express. It is a card uniquely designed to fit modern day lifestyles. It comes with a combination of money-saving features, complimentary extras and all the good stuff you desire.
Essential Credit Card Key Benefits
- Earn 1.25 Membership Rewards Points for every $1 spent.
- Enjoy the smartphone screen insurance, that covers you with up to $500 for screen repairs when you pay for your phone or contact with your Essential Credit Card.
- Get access to great perks from everyday offers to securing those all important gig tickets.
- Cardholders earn 1 membership rewards point per $1 spent on eligible purchases (and 0.5 points for every $1 spent on bills, utilities and government payments), uncapped, as they receive complimentary enrollment to the Membership Rewards Gateway Program.
- Rewards Points you earn, can be redeemed for flights and merchandise.
- Receive a fresh new outfit from David Jones, by shopping online and checking out with your point.
- Enjoy a gift card from Uber, Holts, Westfield and more.
- Pay for eligible purchases using the Select + Pay with Points Program.
- Get points faster by adding up to 4 additional cards, for your friends and family.
All The Good Stuff
- Smartphone screen insurance, helps you pay for your phone (outright or on contract), and covers smartphone screen repairs of up to $500. Every cardholder, is eligible to make two claims per 12-month period
- This card is compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay.
- This card gives you the flexibility to pay off bigger purchases in your time via its 14.99% p.a. on purchases offer.
- Enjoy American Express Invites, which gives you access to pre-sale tickets and reserved seating to sought after events.
Stay Protected with Essential Credit Card
- Any eligible item that gets stolen or broken, within 90 days of purchase, can be repaired or refunded up to $2,50 per claim, up to $10,000 per year. Your purchase stays protected.
- Refund protection, gets you reimbursed for up to $500 per claim and $2,000 per year, with no excess, if you are refused a refund on an unused eligible item within 90 days of purchase.
- Online fraud protection, makes you unaccountable for unauthorized charges.
- Buyer’s advantage, extends the manufacturers warranty by up to 12 months for up to $7,000 per claim and $7,000 per year on eligible items.
- Emergency card replacement gets you a replacement within 48 hours, virtually anywhere in the world if your card is lost or stolen.
- Benefit from exclusive American Express offers on rewards and other perks.
- No annual fee
How much does Essential Credit Card cost?
- Annual Fee – $0 p.a.
- Balance Transfer Rate – 0% p.a. for 12 months with 3% balance transfer fee
- Transfer Revert Rate -Purchase Rate 14.99% p.a.
- Limit Transfer – 70% of available credit limit
- Maximum Balance Transfer Amount – $10,000
- Purchase Rate (p.a.) – 14.99% p.a.
- Interest Free Period – Up to 55 days on purchases
- Minimum Credit Limit – $2,000
- Maximum Credit Limit – $25,000
- Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (AMEX) – 3% of transaction value.
- The minimum age required is 18
- A minimum income of $40,000 or more, gross (pre-tax) annual income is required.
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident or hold a current Business Long Stay Visa (Subclass 457)
- No history of bad debt or payment default.
How do I apply?
- Scroll to American Express secure application page and,
- Provide your personal details: Title, Legal first name, Middle name (optional), Legal last name, Email address, Mobile phone number, Home phone number, Date of birth, Driver’s license number (optional), Residential Street address
- How long have you lived at this address?
- The financial info required are any other sources of income or assets, including property, shares and savings accounts, debts, liabilities or other expenses, including existing card debts, mortgages, rental payments and day-by-day expenses.
- Annual salary before tax
- Tick on the appropriate box, if you have another American Express Issued Card
- Tap on the “Save & Continue” tab.
How do I recover a lost or stolen card?
To recover a lost or stolen card, call at 0800 022 4355, in Australia or by contacting the nearest American Express Travel Service or office overseas.
How do I activate my Essential Credit Card?
- Scroll to americanexpress.com
- On the welcome page, enter your 4 Digits Card ID, 15 Digits Card Number
- Tap on “Confirm” option
- On the next page, enter your account and basic contact details. These are the basic details you provided when you started the account
- Tap the “Finish” button, to complete the process.
Over the Phone
To activate your card call at 0800 022 4355.
How do I pay bill?
- Scroll to the card page
- Choose a convenient payment method and pay your outstanding bills before the due date.
Essential Credit Card Customer Service Number
Call: 0800 022 4355, for general information and inquiries on Essential Credit Card.