Your Facebook account login password is the access code you need to successfully get access to your Facebook account. Without your password, it is near impossible to log into your Facebook account. This is because, your password is the security check put up by Facebook to ensure that unauthorized users do not tamper with your account. This is why it is always advised that you protect your password, because it is the only access that unauthorized users need to hack into your account.
Facebook account login can only be completed with password. When you enter an accurate password and username, Facebook understands that the rightful account owner is about to log into his/her account. However without a valid password and username, you’ll be denied access to your account. The reason for this is because the system thinks that an unauthorized user is trying to get access to your account hence the denial.
On the other hand, Facebook offers you the opportunity of recovering your Facebook log in to my account password forgot, if you have forgotten your password. This will help give you a second chance at logging into your account, where you were before denied access due to incomplete password. Here, we will be showing how you can recover your Facebook account login password, change your password and how to reset your password.
How to Recover Your Forgotten Facebook Account Login Password
Forgetting our Facebook login password is something that happens to most of us once in a while. Suddenly you just discovered that you no longer remember the password you used in logging into your account the last time especially if you have been staying logged into your account.
When this happens, you don’t have to panic or think that you will lose your account. This is because there a way to go round it. So for Facebook username and password forgot, here’s how it works:
If you have forgotten your password, take the following steps
- If you are using the Facebook app, click open the app.
- Then, if you are using a desktop, visit https://m.facebook.com/
- On the login page, irrespective of the device you are using, scroll downwards to where you have the “Forgotten password?” link and click on it.
- On the new page, key in your mobile number.
- Thereafter, click on the “Search” link
- If you want a code to be sent to the number you provided, click on the “Next” link.
- Once you click on the “Next” link, you are to check your phone for a text message with your code. Your code is a 6 characters in length.
- Fill in the code.
- Thereafter click on the “Next” link
- But if you don’t want a code sent to the number you provided, you can click on the “Try Another Way” option and follow the on-screen prompts to complete my Facebook account login procedure on desktop.
Once you have the correct password and username, logging into your Facebook account should not be a problem. This is how to solve the problem of Facebook login account password forgot.
Facebook Account Password Change
Want to change your Facebook account login password? The good thing is, you can. Just follow us as we take you through the process:
- If you are already logged into your account and want to change your password, click on the three-line icon at the top right of Facebook.
- Navigate downwards and click on “Settings”, then click on “Security & Login”.
- Tick on the “Change Password” option.
- Enter your current and new password and retype new password.
- Then click on “Changes”.
- Tap on “Forgotten password” and follow the on-screen prompts to reset it. Note, you’ll need to have access to the email linked with your account.
With this, you can easily change your password.
How to Reset Your Facebook Account Login Password
If you are not logged into your Facebook account, you can use these steps to reset it:
- Click on the “Forgotten password” option.
- Enter the email address, mobile phone number, full name or username linked with your account.
- Click on the “Search” link
- Go through with the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
However, for security reasons, you won’t be able to use the same mobile phone number that you use for two-factor authentication to help you reset your password. It has to be a different mobile phone number or email address added to your account in resetting your password if there’s any need for it.