Most of us will get confused seeing this kind of header Facebook Home Page at first. What is a Facebook home page, this is the question that we will be asking ourselves as soon we come across this on the internet. If you are confused seeing this header, I have all in control. Here in this post, you will find all the necessary information about the Facebook homepage.
Facebook Home Page is the main page of the FB platform. It is the first page that appears when you log in to your Facebook account. Thus, it’s from the home page that you get to access other pages on Facebook. However, it features your news feed, updates the list of posts from friends, your group post, pages you are following, friend request list, your profile, and other content.
Facebook Homepage Features
On the FB home page you will see different tabs that contribute to your experience at Facebook, they include,
- Your profile. This is where all the details you provided about your self is. You will find things like, your nickname, photos, your posts, friends list, and more.
- The create tab. The create button is where you create your post
- Friend request field. This is where you find a list of people requesting to be your friend on FB.
- Message tab. To chat with your friends and family, the message button takes you to the chat room.
- Notifications button. This is where you find a notice on happenings within your Facebook account. You get a notice when someone reacts or comment on your post, during your friend’s birthday, and more.
- The search tool helps you find people on Facebook.
These are the features of the homepage of Facebook.
How to Access Facebook Homepage
To access your Facebook homepage via the mobile app, you need to download the mobile app on your device. If you don’t have it yet, follow the guide in the first step to download the app. If you have the app skip to the second step.
Step 1: Download Facebook App
- Get your iPhone or Android phone.
- Launch Google play/app store.
- Look for the search tab. It is usually at the top of the app market home page.
- Key in “Facebook” then click on search.
- Select the app and tap the install button for Android while “Get” for iPhone.
- Wait for it to install.
With these few steps you can access the Facebook homepage by logging in your account.
Step 2: Log In to Facebook
After downloading the Facebook app on your mobile device the next thing is log in to your account.
- Make sure you have a data connection
- On your phone menu, Open the Facebook app.
- If you’re not logged in, it will request your account email or phone number and password.
- Navigate to the appropriate column and key in your credentials.
- Select the login button, then wait for the homepage to load.
- It will take you straight to your Facebook homepage.
Log In your account with the step you see above.
How to Access Facebook Hompage on PC
Do you want to get to your FB homepage with your computer? Kindly follow the instructions beneath.
Step 1: Download a Web Browser
Facebook does not have a particular browser you can use to access it. Just go online and download the browser of your choice, it can be chrome, Opera mini, UC browser, etc.
Step 2: Search for Facebook
- Launch your browser.
- Input this URL Facebook.
- On the new page, scroll to the login field.
- Go under the “email or phone” section and type in your email or phone number.
- Scroll to the password section, input your password.
- Then tap on the “Login” box.
After logging into your account, your homepage will open.
How to Change Your FB Page Template
There are so many things you can do on Facebook when it comes to editing your account and changing some features you don’t want on your account. Do you know that you can change your page template also like every other FB settings?
- Login to your account on the Facebook app or visit Facebook.
- At the top of your page, tap on the “Settings” button.
- Move to the left pane and tap on the “templates and tabs” button.
- Go under the “templates” field, tap on the “edit” button that is close to the template you want to change.
- Scroll to the template you want to change the old one too and tap on the “view details” widget.
- Go through the new tabs and button for your page.
- Click on “ apply template” and tap “Ok”.
With this step, I assure you can edit and change your Facebook page template whenever you want to change it.
Fb Hompage Settings
On the Facebook settings you will find the general, privacy, timeline & tagging, security & login, face recognition, language & region, timeline & tagging tabs. To access the settings take these steps.
- Sign in to your account on FB.
- On your homepage, go to the top right-hand side of the Page.
- Tap on the “ down arrow” icon.
- Click on settings & privacy button.
- Choose the “ settings” link.
- Go to the settings tab you want to access and click on it.
With these tabs, you can edit your name, username, change your password set who can see your posts, power on or off face recognition, enable alerts, and lots more.
We know that it is very much possible for you to access the Facebook platform through your computer using the web. For those that fall to this category, you can also edit your account through the Facebook web, and here are the steps on how you can access the settings page.
- Browse for Facebook.
- Scroll to the top right-hand corner and tap on the down arrow symbol.
- Hit on the “settings” link.
- On the settings page navigate to the settings tab you want to update or edit.
This step is for the Facebook web or system users. These are the steps on how you can access your settings on your system.