Facebook Marketplace Rules and Guides For Business. Facebook Marketplace was officially birth in 2016 as an arena for people to buy and sell in their localities but via messenger.
In June 2018, Facebook announced the option for businesses to place ads in Marketplace. How dies Facebook Marketplace really works for businesses and business owners. Read on to know more things about Facebook Marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace Definition?
Facebook Marketplace is an online shopping channel, a place where business transactions take place. Where users buy and sell from each other locally.
In May 2018, Marketplace is used in more than 70 different countries by more than 800 million people each month.
How Do I Access Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace is available in the Facebook app and on desktops and tablets. Look for it at the button of the app on iOS or at the top of the app on Android. If you are using a browser, you can find a market place on the left side of the Facebook page. Except it is not available in your country or a country that you are residing in. Here are the steps to follow below:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Click to see more below at the left corner of your screen
- There you will see the Marketplace button.
- Click on it to buy or sell your product
With your desktop Web browser, just click on the red and white storefront symbol in the left margin.
The Rules of Facebook Marketplace
There are some rules on the marketplace that you must follow to use the platform. They guide the conduct of the users and the types of items or products they upload to the marketplace.
On the site, Facebook clearly made a list of items that should not be sold on the marketplace, they include:
- Sales of Animals
- Adult Services.
- Digital media and other electronic devices.
- Tickets of events.
- Gift cards such as iTunes, Google, etc.
- The Healthcare kits
- Recreational or illegal drugs are not allowed.
- Tobacco products.
- Clearly unsafe supplements.
- Upload a physical item
- Upload a matching image of the item description.
- Images of Before and After are also prohibited on the platform.
Below are the Other marketplace rules you should abide by. To find out more about the Facebook Marketplace Rules follow this link https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/.
Facebook Marketplace Listing
Listing in Facebook Marketplace is organized by categories like Entertainment, vehicles, Housing, and Hobbies. Shoppers can filter sear he’s by price and location, and save listing fid future purposes. Every listing must contain at least 10 pictures of the product, along with the description of the product. Buyers or customers who are interested can send a message to the sellers directly on messengers to make inquiries on such products.
How To Prepare Your Business page For Facebook Marketplace
- Open a Facebook page Shop. Facebook Marketplace listing must have a Facebook Shop on their business page.
- Launch a Product Collection. The product that you are selling from your shop may be organized into collections.
- Integrate with Facebook Checkout. All retailers on using Marketplace should add Facebook checkout to their page’s shop
Ways To Use Facebook Marketplace for Your Business
If you are listing products or running ads, there are a lot of opportunities for your business to benefits from the Marketplace Channel.
- Build trust before purchase
- Conduct a market survey before selling
- Add Facebook Marketplace ads to your business
- Maximize your budget. Facebook Marketplace listing is a budget-friendly way to promote product sales.
- Facebook offers daily deals and promotions
- Increase awareness and discovery
- Launch a new product
- Boost your sales
- See beyond sales
Facebook Marketplace is dealing with the classifieds markets. Businesses are now able to use it to get free exposure to potential customers around them. With Facebook, Marketplace businesses can increase awareness, build trust and even test the market to figure out the best way to position thief sells.