So many people are still in the dark when it comes to Facebook Marketplace. Some still ask what is Facebook Marketplace?, how can I use this platform to enrich my business?and how they can sell on the Marketplace?. If this, and many more are the questions you have in your mind as regards Facebook Marketplace, you can be rest assured that your questions will be answered in this article.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
It is a convenient online platform designed to help people discover, buy and sell goods to people in your area/community. This platform came on board in February 2015.
Why Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook already boasts of about 450 million users in its buy and sell groups, which makes it a great platform to discover and engage prospective buyers.
FacebookMarketplace helps Facebook, keep tabs on products that may violet Facebook policies.
With Facebook Marketplace, you can view the sellers profile and see the mutual friends you have which can help you confirm how genuine a seller is unlike eBay. Buyers can also chat with the mutual friends you have via Facebook Messenger.
Payment or delivery of items is not facilitated by Facebook. The seller and buyer get to decide the payment and delivery procedure.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
Electronics, Deals, Family, Classifieds, Clothing & Accessories, Entertainment, Hobbies, Home &Garden, Vehicles and Housing.
What Do You Need To Consider When Selling on Marketplace?
- Expect lots of communication/messages from buyers.
- Orders must be shipped within 3 days and received within 7 days.
- Facebook Marketplace does not sync with all ecommerce.
Benefits of Selling On Marketplace
There are so many benefits that accrues with selling on Marketplace but we will just mention a few.
Offers you an extended reach where you can get your brand and products into the Marketplace. Retailers get a personalized customer experience, helping your business locate the right customers. You don’t have to bother about set listing fees as there is none.
How to Sell On Facebook Marketplace
You can sell on this platform as an individual or as a merchant.
For Big Commerce Merchants
- Start by preparing your store for the sync by making sure inventory is up-to-date and accurate.
- Scroll to your Big Commerce store control panel, and navigate to your Channel Manager and choose the Facebook icon.
- From there, you’ll see a box that details the rules of Marketplace. Tap the option to click a button to say you’re interested.
- Once you click, you are all done.
Now you are in Facebook’s Marketplace review process. This will give Facebook time to determine if or not your products are suitable to sell on Marketplace.
The process takes less than a week.
As of now, access by Big Commerce Merchants is limited to those selling in the following categories;
- Apparel (Men & Women)
- Baby & Kids
- Bags & Luggage
- Beauty (Women)
- Home Furnishings.
- All items displayed for Sale on Marketplace must adhere to Facebook Commerce Policies.
- To mark an item as “Free”, you must enter 0 as the price.
How to Sell
- Click on “Marketplace” in the left column of News Feed
- As the field popsopen, keyin a title for your listing, the price, your location, and a category for the item
- Follow up, byclicking on the +10 photos option, to upload a photo of your item from your computer.
- Completethe process by clicking on “Post”. If the “Post” option is grayed out, just include a title, price, location, photo and category.
Facebook Marketplace is the current rave of the moment, cash in on this platform now and discover, buy and sell items.