Getting Your International Passport Ready For A Flight? A passport is a travel document offered by a country’s government to its citizens used to verify that nationality and identity of the holder for the purpose of an international trip. International passport a simply a booklet that contains the bearer’s name, date of birth, place of birth, issued date, expiry date, photo, passport number and signature.
However, there are different kinds of passport which include official passport, diplomatic, collective, family and emergency passport.
Getting your passport is very necessary if you must travel outside your country. So if you’re planning on how to travel outside your country, first and foremost you must get an international passport. Though having a passport does not certainly mean you will be allowed in most countries. Some country you will need to get a visa too before you can go there.
Getting Your International Passport Ready For A Flight
Preparing to bode a flight to a foreign country? You need to get your passport ready. If you don’t have an IP, then you need to apply for one. The online application process is very simple, with your smartphone and network connection you’re good to go. However, the sections below will provide requirements and step by step guide on how to apply for IP online.
International Passport Requirements
Check out the basic requirements for an international passport.
- Passport application form
- Two Passport size photographs (it must be a recent one)
- Your proof of payment
- Letter of Identity from local government/state of origin
- Birth certificate
- Completed guarantor’s form( with guarantor’s e-passport and one passport size photograph)
- Marriage certificate (if necessary)
- Name change affidavits (if applicable)
The above are the basic things you need to apply for an IP.
How To Apply For An International Passport in Nigeria
To apply online, do the following
- Navigate to Nigerian Immigration services website
- Choose the type of passport you want to apply for
- Choose a processing country
- Fill in the application form with the required info
- Upload scanned copies of required documents
- Choose your payment method
- Click on the “Submit” button after making payment.
- You’ll be given an application ID and reference number
- Print out guarantor’s form
- Submit the completed application form
When you have successfully submitted your application, you’ll have to visit your specified immigration office for photographs and biometrics.
How Long Does It Take To Get An International Passport In Nigeria?
According to travelstart, a new passport application takes about 48 hours to process after capturing your biometrics data. Though some cases take up to a month to process. So, if you’re preparing to travel make sure you apply earlier to avoid stories that touch the heart.
How Much Is International Passport In Nigeria 2021?
According to immigration.gov.ng https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/?p=passportguidelines
For Age 0-17:32 pages = #8,750. While 64 pages = #20,000.
For Age 18-59: 32 pages = #15,000. While 64 pages= #20,000
For Age 60 and above: 32 pages= 8,750. While 64 pages = 20,000
Types Of International Passport In Nigeria
Here are the five different types of IP in Nigeria
Standard type is basically for the general public, while Diplomatic is for protocol officers in government and government ambassadors. Seamans is for sailor while Official Pilgrims is for government officials.