Gmail ID login is the only medium via which you can gain access into your Gmail account. Your Gmail id is simply your username and password which you provided during the sign-up process. It is the key that gives you access to your Gmail account login page. So, this implies that if you have forgotten your Gmail login id which you used in creating your Gmail account, you may be denied access to your account until you are able to recover it.
However, the good thing is that you can recover your Gmail id details if you have forgotten any or both of them. Once you are on the Gmail sign in page, you can use the “Forgotten your email” link to recover my Gmail account. After your have recovered your Gmail id details, you can use it to protect your account.
If you forget your password or someone is using your account without your permission, updated recovery information, will make it much more likely that you’ll get your account back.
Before we go ahead to show you how you can use your Gmail id login to log into your Gmail account, first let’s see how you can create a Gmail id login when you are creating a new Gmail account. This is because a Gmail id is usually created while you are creating a Gmail account.
How to Create a Google Account
Creating a Google account will give you the pass to many Google products and enables you do the following:
- Easily send and receive email using Gmail.
- Locate your new favorite video on YouTube.
- Download apps from the Google Play Store for free.
To create a Google account, you have to start by choosing account type. If you are creating a Google Account for your business, you can turn business personalization on. With a business account, it would be easier to set up Google My Business which helps in improving your business visibility and in managing your online information.
In the process of creating a Google Account, you’ll be asked for personal information. When you provide the correct information, it becomes your Gmail id login which can help keep your account secure and make Gmail services more useful.
Note – You don’t need a Gmail account in order to create a Google account. By this, we mean that you can use your non-Gmail email address in creating an account instead.
- Visit the Google account Sign In page.
- Scroll to and click on the “Create Account” option.
- Fill in your name
- In the “Username” field, fill in a username.
- Key in and confirm your password.
- Then click on the “Next” button.
- Optionally, you can add and verify a phone number for your account.
- Then tap on the “Next” link.
How to Use an Existing Email Address to Create an Email Address
If you desire to use an existing email to create a Gmail account, here’s what you should do:
- Visit the Google Account Sign in page.
- Tap on the “Create Account” link
- Fill in your name
- Then, click on “Use my current email address” instead.
- Enter your current email address.
- Tap on the “Next” link.
- Verify your email address using the code sent to your existing email.
- Tap on the “Verify” link.
How to Use Your Gmail ID Login to Sign into Your Gmail Account
If you want to open your Gmail account, you can login Gmail account email on a computer. You can also add your account to the Gmail app on your phone or tablet. Immediately you are signed in, you can check your mail by opening your inbox.
To carry out the process of Gmail account sign in new:
- Visit Gmail account login from Google at gmail.com
- Fill out your Google account email or phone number and password. (Which is your Gmail id login)
- If your information is already filled in and you need to sign in to a different account, click on the “Use another account” option.
- If you happen to see a page describing Gmail instead of the sign in page, click on the top right corner of the page.
Once you have filled in your Gmail id login which is your correct Google account email or phone number and password, accessing your Gmail account shouldn’t be a problem.