Gmail login in another account allows you to add another account to your already existing account. When you create a Google Account, you are automatically given a Gmail address. However you have the option of adding another non-Gmail email address to the account. You can use this alternate email address to sign in, recover your password, get notifications and so much more.
However to use gmail login for another account, here’s what you should consider:
- You are not allowed to use a Gmail address.
- You cannot make use of an email address that is already linked to another Google Account.
- Ensure you use your Google Account password when signing in using this email address.
Once you adhere strictly to these requirements, you should be able to add another account and use it to log into your account.
When People Might See Your Gmail Address Instead of the Another Account you Added
You have to understand that even when you carry out Gmail login with another account, and want people to see the address when they share things using the alternate email address. They will sometimes see your primary Google Account email (Gmail) address listed instead. Now here are some of the examples when this may happen:
Google Docs: When a content like a document is shared by someone with your alternate email address, your Gmail address will be displayed instead of the gmail login another account.
Google Sites: If someone shares a site with your email address, your Gmail address will pop up instead of your alternate address.
Calendar: If you respond to invitations forwarded from the another account you address, the event organizer will see the responses coming from your Gmail address.
Google Keep: When someone shares a note with your alternate email address, instead of showing your gmail login another account, it will show your Gmail address.
The Google Groups: If you happen to remove an alternate email address that was part of a group, what may be showing may be your Gmail address.
Google Ads: If you happen to accept an invitation to use a Google Ads account with your alternate email address, your Gmail address and your alternate email address will be displayed on the account access page.
How to Add Another Account on the Gmail Platform
To add another account on the Gmail platform easily, you have to provide the login details for that account you want to add. So, let’s get started with the gmail login another account:
- Enable your device and ensure that your internet is on.
- Scroll over to the profile icon on your Gmail account and click on it.
- The next step, is to select the “Add Another Account” option.
- You’ll get redirected to the Gmail email login page.
- Enter your email or phone details.
- Click on the “Next” link.
- On the next page where you are directed to, enter your password to complete the login process.
- Lastly, your account will be added to the Gmail platform.
After following this guide to have your account added on the Gmail platform, you can always switch back to your previous Gmail account when you need to use it as well.
How to Remove Alternate Email Addresses
If you have already carried out a gmail login to another account which is basically adding another email address and want to remove the email addresses, you can still achieve that. Here’s what you’ll have to do:
- On your device, be it Android phone or tablet, click open the device’s Settings app > Google > Manage your Google Account.
- Scroll to the top of the page, and click on the “Personal Info” option.
- Under the “Contact Info” section, click on “Email”.
- Then click on alternate email address which you want to remove.
- Click on the “Remove” link.
Any time the need arises, you can always add another account to your gmail account. You can also remove any account or email which you no longer need to add to stay with what you want. Gmail makes it easy for you to switch between accounts and use the account you prefer. It’s up to you, to add the gmail account that you want to use in gaining access to your account.