You can login on Gmail as a different user without losing the other account. Google makes it such that if you have more than one Gmail account and want to log into a device. You can do so without losing the other account. Gmail supports multiple user accounts, which implies that you can sign in using more than one account.
Today you are going to learn how to login another Gmail account in mobile or computer. Gmail login different account, works on both the app and browser. Also, users can switch between the accounts on the go. However, you have to understand that the Gmail login different user functionality does not change your default account. No matter how many logins processes you carry out, the account stays the same way you used it while setting up the account.
You can actually carry out a Gmail login, using a different username and password. All you have to do is provide the username and password of the account you want to use and remember it any time you want to use it again. Gmail gives you the option to do that any time you feel like it. So if you are among those asking “how do I log into a different Gmail account” your answer is here.
So, if before now you have been confused on how to go about the whole Gmail login different user accounts Gmail login process, you can ease off and relax because we are about to show you how to login as a different user or using a different account.
Gmail Login Different User
Now you are going to learn how to login another Gmail account on mobile phone. But first, you have to understand that the best way to log into Gmail using another account on a mobile phone, is via the app. This is because the Gmail app comes pre-loaded in almost all Android devices, while iPhone users on the other hand can download it through the App Store.
To login using another account:
- Enable the Gmail app on your mobile phone.
- Click on your profile icon at the top right corner.
- Choose the “Add another account” option.
- You’ll be given the option to add another account from Google, iCloud, Outlook, Yahoo etc.
- In case you are using an Android mobile phone, you’ll have to confirm that it’s you who is trying to get access to the account.
- Thereafter, key in your email ID and your password.
- Tick on the “Next” link.
Google will log you in with different users in Gmail. You can use the same method to add another Gmail account. Next, we will be showing you how to switch accounts on mobile.
How to Switch between Gmail Accounts
You can use these steps to switch between Gmail accounts on both mobile phone and laptop. The steps are mostly the same.
- On the gmail.com page
- Log into your account
- Click on the profile icon
- Choose the account whose email you want to see.
- The Gmail app will display the emails of that specific account.
If you want to switch between accounts for other Google services like YouTube, Drive, and Chrome, you can use the same simple steps to achieve that.
How to Login to Gmail with Another Account on Desktop
You can also log into your Gmail account with another account if you are using a desktop via any browser. If you are already signed in, you will automatically see your Gmail inbox. If you don’t see your Gmail inbox, you have to open Gmail or any other Google service and login with your account.
If you are ready to add another account:
- Visit gmail.com from any browser.
- Click on the profile icon
- Select “Add another account”
- Fill in your email ID or phone number.
- Thereafter, click on the “Next” option
- Add password
- Click on the “Next” link to have access to your account.
If you want to switch between accounts on desktop, you can also follow these steps to do so. Note also that the browser will allow you to open multiple Gmail accounts simultaneously on different tabs to keep an overview.
How do I Log into a Different Gmail Account?
If you want to switch between Gmail accounts, here’s what you should do:
- Once you have successfully logged into your Gmail account, click on the profile icon at the top right corner
- Choose the Gmail account whose email you want to see.
- You can also merge inboxes to avoid the stress of switching between Gmail accounts.
- To do this, click on the hamburger icon
- Then choose the “All inboxes” option.
Now that you know how to log into Gmail with a different user or a different account, you should be able to easily switch accounts whenever the need arises.