Your Gmail login password is the key you must have to unlock your account. Without your password, getting access to your Gmail account would be an impossible task. If you can’t remember your Gmail password, there’s no need thinking you can access your account without it. Instead going round circles trying to access your account without a password, you can use the login page to recover your password if you have forgotten it.
Why you would need your Gmail login password to access your account, is because Google wants to be sure that the actual account owner is the one trying to get access to the account. This is a measure by Google to secure your account and protect it from hackers. Thus, you would always be prompted for your password every time you try to log into your account. The other times you will not be prompted for your password while trying to log into your account is if you are permanently logged in.
This means that you stay logged in on your device to avoid the hassle of entering your password and username anytime you want to log into your account. However this is good if you are using a personal device and not a public device, which will expose your account to risk. Thus Gmail login with password will help secure your account from unauthorized access.
Why Gmail Password?
The importance of having a password and being able to remember it cannot be overemphasized. Without a password you can’t even access your Gmail account, there’s no need going around it. So here’s why you need to have a password:
- Your Gmail login password secures your account from unauthorized access.
- Password gives you sole ownership and access to your Gmail account.
- It is a unique identity known only by you the account owner.
- Your Gmail login password is the key you need in order to unlock your Gmail account.
- You can’t access your Gmail account with a password.
Now you see why you need a password for your Gmail account and why it’s important that you create a unique one.
How to Create a Unique Gmail Login Password
In creating a Gmail login password, there are things you have to bear in mind. These qualities will make your password unique, secure and readily acceptable.
- Create a password you can easily remember but complex for others to guess.
- Your Gmail login password must not be one that can’t easily be guessed by other people.
- Avoid creating complex password that you can’t remember.
- Change your password periodically. When you use one password for too long, there’s a tendency for it to be known by others.
- Avoid using your birthday or other things that can easily be decoded as your password.
- Protect your password by not disclosing it to any one.
Once you have all these requirements in place when choosing a password, you’ll be able to choose a secure, unique password that you can use for your Gmail account.
How to Log Into Your Gmail Account with Gmail Login Password
We are going to show you how you can log into your Gmail account using Gmail login password.
On a Mobile Device
- Download and open the Gmail app on your iOS or Android device.
- Scroll to and click on the “Sign In” tab at the bottom of your screen. If you already have an email account linked in the app and want to add another account, simply tap on your profile icon at the top-right corner and click on the “Add Another Account” link.
- On the next page you get directed to, click on “Google”.
- Tap on the “Continue” link, to allow Google and sign into your account.
- Follow the steps to log in.
To stay logged into your Gmail account, click on the “Remember Me” link on your device.
- Go to Gmail.com from your web browser.
- Key in your account email for linked phone number when prompted.
- Key in your password
If you would like to stay logged in, click on the box close to the “Remember Me” option, to stay logged in automatically.
How to Recover Your Gmail Account Password
If you can’t remember your Gmail login password, there’s no cause for alarm because you can easily recover it. We will be using the Gmail’s standard recovery procedure in helping you recover your password. So here is the procedure for Gmail account password recover:
- Go to the Gmail sign-in page.
- Scroll to where you have the “Forgot Password” link and click on it.
- Key in the last password you remember.
- If you can’t remember any, just tap on the “Try a different question” link.
- Fill in the secondary email address that you used in setting up your Gmail account to get a password reset email.
After you have successfully recovered your password, you can use it to easily sign into your account.
How to Change Your Gmail Login Password
If you desire to change your Gmail account password, you’ll have to follow these steps:
- Click open your Google account and sign in.
- Scroll to where you have “Security” and under it, choose “Signing in to Google”.
- Select “Password” you may need to sign in again.
- Then key in your new password and choose “Change Password”.
Note – If you are running Android 5.1 and up, you may have to wait for 24 hours after changing your password in order to do a factory reset.
More Related Contents;
- APKPure Download – Download App, APKPure for Android
- Yahoo Mail App – Download Yahoo Mail App
- CineBloom – Hollywood and Bollywood Movies Download Website