GM MasterCard provides an excellent way to earn money for your next General Motors vehicle. The card comes with an impressive reward rate, low interest and fees, and World MasterCard benefits. GM MasterCard is issued by Capital One Bank.
- The card allows a generous 5% earnings rate on the first $5,000 in purchases each year
- 2% on all purchases beyond the threshold
- Your earnings, do not get to expire, neither does it have a limit to the number of earnings you can accumulate
- You could get a free Corvette if you spend just enough
- The card charges no annual fee for card usage
- 0% APR for the first 12 months, and variable interest rate as low as 11.9% afterward.
World MasterCard Benefits
The BuyPower Card is a World Elite MasterCard, that comes with its own array of MasterCard benefits.
- Price protection, which gives you a refund on the difference if you find a lower price on an item within 120 days
- An extended warranty, enables you to get double manufacturers’ warranties on many items (not vehicles)
- Exclusive VIP travel benefits, like complimentary upgrades at certain hotels
- Offers concierge service to assist with dinner reservations, event tickets, gifts, etc.
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Airport concierge service.
How to Redeem GM Earnings?
The GM company has provided a straightforward procedure for redeeming earnings. Here’s what you have to do;
- Choose a new GM vehicle
- Negotiate the best price with the dealer
- Agree on the price, and hint to the dealer that you are a GM MasterCard holder, to apply your earnings toward the purchase price.
What is the procedure for applying?
Apply via the Capital One portal, with your, First name, MI, Last name, Suffix, Mailing address, Apt, Unit or Suite number, City, State, Zip code, work and finances info; Primary phone number, Work phone number, Social security number, Date of birth, Are you a citizen?, Monthly mortgage/rent amount, Residence type, Employment status, Mother’s maiden name, and Total annual income. Answer this additional info, which is “When do you plan to obtain your next vehicle”. Tap on “Continue Application”.
How do I pay the bill?
Customers can make their bill payment, by calling customer care. Follow the automated phone instructions to pay over the phone. provide your card, or bank account details to complete the payment. Talk to a GM card customer service representative, who can guide you thru the payment process.
What are GM earnings?
GM earnings are earned on “Net Purchases”, which are purchases of goods and services that any cardholder charges to the GM card account, less any credits.
What are GM rewards?
My GM Rewards is a new automotive loyalty program, which awards you with points for purchasing General Motors products and services. This program, enables you redeem points on future purchases and services.
Do GM card earnings expire?
The new card, has no point limit, and points do not expire under the new card as it is the case with the current one. Gm points, can be redeemed towards the purchase of a new vehicle, and there is no redemption limit.
Can GM MasterCard earnings be used on a car?
With the GM MasterCard, you can put your earnings towards the purchase or lease of a new, eligible Chevy, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac. Use your earnings as a down payment on a vehicle to reduce their monthly payment, or add extra features and equipment.
Can i transfer my GM MasterCard earnings?
Yes, earnings can be transferred to the following immediate family members for the purchase or lease of an eligible new GM vehicle. Parents, spouse, siblings or children. Howbeit, the family member must reside at your address. Note; You cannot broker, barter or sell GM earnings.
Can i use GM points for anything else?
Yes, GM Points can be used at any participating GM dealership, without limit to the number of vouchers that can be applied to dealer service, parts or GM certified accessories. Only one voucher can be applied toward a new vehicle purchase or lease.