How Do I Get A Credit Card? A credit card is mostly issued by banks to enable cardholders to make purchases on credit with the basis of paying the bank back. There are lots of cards that come with amazing rewards, perks, miles, points, etc. To enjoy every bit of a credit card, you will need to get one.
The question here is, how do I get one? Firstly, you need to know the kind of card you’re going for. What exactly do you need? If you are able to answer this question, then you will know what particular card you should be looking for.
For instance, if you travel frequently, and you need a credit card to make your purchases book flights, etc. Then you should look for the best cards that offer amazing miles or points when you use them for flight purchases.
Also Read: Gap Credit Card Login and Activation @ gap.syf.com/login/
How Do I Get A Credit Card
Why do you need a credit card? Getting a credit card can be a master key step in achieving your financial goal. a credit card can help you to achieve a credit score that will qualify you for the best interest rates on loans.
With a credit card, you build credit, with this you can achieve a good or excellent credit card history, which gives you a high chance of qualifying for loans. To get a credit card, you need to apply first, if you’re eligible for the card, you will receive it within the next 7 working days.
How to Apply for Credit Cards
To apply for a credit card here are things you need to do
Check Your Credit Score
Before you go ahead to apply for a card you need to know your credit score. Most banks/credit card issuers state the credit range required for each card. So, knowing your credit score will guide you to the best cards within your credit range. Some credit card sites provide a medium for members to access their scores, which can be done online.
Also Read: Why Do I Need A Credit Card? – Advantages Of Credit Card
Choose The Credit Card That Suit You
When you know what your credit score is, the next thing is to decide on the card to go for, which depends on what you want. There are cards that are best for miles, rewards, travel, cashback, low interest, and many more.
However, while choosing a card, you can also consider factors like rewards categories, interest rates, intro bonuses, annual fees, redemption options, etc.
Check Your Pre-qualification Status
some banks give a prequalification test to intending applicants. Thus, intending applicants enter their details to check if they qualify to apply for a card. For some cards it’s not necessary to check if you prequalify, you can just proceed to apply if you’re eligible for the card you will know, if you’re not you will also know.
Moreover, that you prequalify for a card does not necessarily mean you will get it, it simply means you’re pre-qualified to apply for the card. If you don’t know how to apply for a credit card, read below.
Applying For A Credit Card
There are two easy ways to apply for a credit card. You can apply by calling the credit card’s customer service agent on phone or by visiting their website. To apply by visiting the online platform, follow the directives in the section beneath.
Also Read: Interest Rates On Credit Cards – Types Of Interest Rate On Credit Cards
How To Get A Credit Card Online
To apply online follow the directions below
- On your browser and search for the credit card website. Or visit https://www.creditcards.com
- Find the card. Use the search box on the homepage to locate the card you want.
- After locating the card, click on the Apply Now widget. It should take you to the application page
- The application form will request your personal info- such as your full name, address, phone number, and date of birth.
- It will request your business details- your monthly or annual income
- Provide your social security number (SSN)
- Read the terms and conditions
- Click the submit button.
The steps above are simple procedures you take to apply for a credit card online.
How To Boost Your Chances Of Getting Credit Cards Approval
To boost your chances of getting credit card approval, you need to
- Boost Your Credit Score. With a good or excellent credit score, you will have a greater chance of getting a credit card. So, to boost your credit card score, do the following
- check your credit reports
- Endeavor to pay down your existing debt
- Request for credit limit increase
- Become an authorized user.
- Do not apply for multiple Credit Cards. Applying for multiple credit cards within a short period of time can result in a hard inquiry, which can temporarily bring down your score.
These are two ways to increase or boost your chances of getting a credit card.
Also Read: How to Apply for the First Hawaiian Bank Cash Rewards Mastercard