Deleting your PayPal account permanently is not just what any PayPal users can do. There must be a good reason one thought of deleting its PayPal account. If you delete your PayPal account you won’t open it again, if you want to make use of your PayPal account again, you will have to create a new account. However, you can still use the same email address you used previously. Also, note that you cannot delete your account using a mobile phone device except a laptop or computer system. Read on to get more details information on how to permanently delete my PayPal account.
Reasons for closing your PayPal account
There are numerous reasons one may decide to close down its PayPal account. If it seems you don’t want to keep the account again, just know that there are no down fees for keeping it open. Maybe one day you may have need of it. Here are a few likely reasons;
- Another account may have been opened with a different particulars
- The account may useless in the near future. For instance, they make have switched to another alternative cheaper alternative
- The account may have been hacked or compromised.
- The business using the PayPal account may no longer be functional or trading.
What to do before you close a PayPal Account
Users have to consider are a few things before deleting their PayPal account such as:
- Ensure that all transactions are confirmed and completed. Because closing an account cancels any other pending transactions. You will find all your Pending transactions at the top of your account activity.
- Also, withdraw all available balance from your account. Choose ‘Transfer to your bank’ below your PayPal balance, choose a location where you are making transfer from and to, enter the particular amount you want to withdraw, and click in the ‘Continue’ button. Next, choose
- ‘ Transfer’ to complete the withdrawal.
- Do a change of payment method. When you close an account it cancels all recurring transactions with your PayPal account, changes the payment method to another account.
How to delete permanently PayPal Account
To delete an account is different depending on the title of such an account if it is ‘Business or Personal’ account. Follow the instructions below based on which account you want to delete.
- Go to the PayPal website
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Tap on the profile button next to Log Out.
- Click on the profile and settings button
- Click on Account settings
- At the top of the Account Settings page, you will see a Close Accountbuttonnext to Account type.
- Next, click the Close Account button to delete your PayPal account
- Go to the website of PayPal account
- Log in to your personal account on PayPal
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’menu next to Log Out
- Under the ‘Account Options’ section, click on the ‘Close your account’ button
- At request, enter your bank details
- Click the ‘Close Account’ button.
In conclusion, when you have permanently deleted your PayPal account. Note that you won’t have access to the account anymore. Your account history and records with PayPal will be gone. Although, you can still create a new account using the previous email address. But you won’t be able to retrieve or view back your transaction history in the previous account.