Wi-Fi calling on Android is a voice service on smartphones, that enables you to make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network instead of using a phone plan. Therefore you can place a call without using an app or software. So calls can be made directly from your phone dial pad. However, that you have a smart does not give you guarantee to use Wi-Fi calling rather your type of phone and carrier is what determines it.
Outstanding Benefits Of Wi-Fi calling
- It allows you to make video calls without LTE connection
- Calls to abroad are free, that is, Make international calls without extra payment
- Your phone number can be used to make calls over Wi-Fi network
- You can Wi-Fi calls using office or home Wi-Fi connect, and also Wi-Fi networks in cafes or airport
Disadvantages of Wi-Fi calling
- It can work only on HD support devices. Because there are versions of Android phone that is not compatible with the service.
- Calls to non US contacts are subjected to your long distance plan charges ie they are not totally free
How do I know if my android device is compatible with this service?
To find out if your device supports Wi-Fi calling is quite demanding, mostly when you are using an old device or when you are on Prepaid plan and wanting to move to a Wi-Fi supporting network connection. Therefore to check the compatibility, all you need is to do a Model check on your phone. With some network carriers, you can check it online with your smartphone IMEI number.
How To Setup a Wi-Fi calling on my Android device
If your phone and it’s carrier supports Wi-Fi calling, all you need is to get it activated and to do this, simply follow the directives below
- Navigate to your phone settings
- Power on Wi-Fi, then connect to a Wi-Fi
- Move to your phone setting menu
- Select “more” options Located beneath “wireless and networks”
- Click on “Wi-Fi calling” on
How To Know When Wi-Fi calling is On
For you to verify if it’s actually turned On, you can perform any of the two commands.
- When a Wi-Fi phone icon appears in the status bar
- Try to swipe down the notification page, then you will see a statement that says “call will be made over Wi-Fi”
How To Set Wi-Fi calling Preferences
- On your phone settings, Press on “more” option
- Locate and tap on the “Wi-Fi calling” widget, this act is not for enabling or disabling it.
- Select “connect preferences” tab
- Select from the options as follows, Wi-Fi Preferred- when selected, any time a WIFI is available your phone will use it instead of the cellular network service. Cellular network preferred – if you choose this option, your phone will only use WIFI network for calls when cellular network is not available. Never use cellular network – when selected , your phone will use only the WIFI networks for calls.