How to delete a Spotify Account. Are you searching for how to delete your Spotify account? Do you have a premium subscription you’re no longer using? These are questions one must answer before trying to delete your Spotify account. Spotify is a streaming music service that has an ad-supported free version and also an ad-free premium version. In this article, let me show you How To Delete A Spotify Account with a step by step guide. Read On!
What is Spotify Account?
Before I continue let’s get to know more about Spotify Account. As I earlier mentioned, Spotify is a streaming music service that has an ad-supported free version and also an ad-free premium version. If you have a premium derive that is no longer in use, you can get it to cancel or unsubscribe from Spotify and return the account to a free account. A free account can still be of use on your computer, phone and smart speakers like Alexa and elsewhere. With the Caveat that you will listen to advertisements. If you do not have agreed on the Spotify account. Then by canceling your subscription is not just the best. To totally remove your account so it does not exist anymore, you have to follow some steps to properly close the account.
Things that happened when you close your Spotify account
Here are the following things that happened when you close your Spotify account
- Users account Spotify Username is no longer used with Spotify again
- All your Playlist and music saved will no longer be in existence
- You will no longer have any followers again.
- Note that your deleted Spotify account may be recovered in seven days’ time after deleting the account. After which such an account is gone forever.
Steps on How to Delete A Spotify Account.
If you are truly sure that you want to delete your Spotify account rather than reverse it to a free account, here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to the official website at www.spotify.com
- Navigate to https://support.Spotify.com/comtact-spotify-support/
- Next select “Account”
- Choose “ I want to close my account” option
- Read on the options and choose the “Close Account “ option. If you really want to delete your Spotify account
- Here you can select a free account if you would rather change to a free Spotify account. But if not
- Choose “Close Account” option
- Verify if you are attempting to delete the correct account, next select “Continue”
- If you have multiple users from your computer, it is very important to ensure that you are not deleting a friend or family member’s Spotify account on accident. Check to confirm your specifically.
- Read through the information displayed, and tick to indicate that you rightly understand, then choose “Continue” option
- When prompted, switch to your email client and look for an email from Spotify
- When you receive a notification email from Spotify, to confirm you want to close your account. Read it and then select “Close My Account “
- After you have seen all the done message, that shows that your account has been successfully deleted.
If you change your mind about deleting Spotify?
The account deletion with Spotify is really a long protocol process. Spotify makes it that way because it’s irreversible. So they are giving you a chance to have a rethink on your decision before you close your account. However, there is a short period of grace given too if you wish to recover back your account.
However, if you change your mind on deleting your account within the next seven after deleting the account. The process can be undone. Spotify always send a confirmation email after any account has Ben closed, the email includes a reactivation link. With a click under the next seven days after the deletion of your account on the link, you will have another opportunity to recover back your account. However, seven days after the deletion, you will lose the option to recover your account. On the other hand, you can create a new account using the same email address. But you will have to use a brand new username, to rebuild your library and get new followers again from the start.