How To Get Your iPhone Devices to the Latest iOS Version. Having your iPhone device updated to the new iOS version from Apple. This update is for free. The latest version comes with the latest security and bug fixes and features to your iPhone. To update your iPhone device there are other steps to follow. In this article, we will see all that is needful on How To Get Your iPhone Devices to the Latest iOS Version.
Back-Up Your Device Before Update
Before you start with the update of your device, you need to back up your data. This is because while updating, it’s possible you could lose your data. Therefore, before you install an iOS update, perform a backup first to avoid unnecessary loss of your data.
How to Update Your iPhone to latest iOS Version
Update iOS through the Settings App
One of the ways to update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS is via the settings App. Most people recently, update their iPhone directly on the device without connecting it to any computer. This process is a wireless installation. Here are the few steps to do it
- First launch the “Settings” App (gear icon)
- By default, it is on the first page of the home screen
- To get help in searching for it use Apple’s spotlight search
- In the Settings menu, click on “General” icon
- Next, tap on the “Software Update”
However, you will see information about the latest update, including the version number and details about what the update will improve. If your iPhone has not downloaded the update already
- Click on the “Download and Install” and type in your passcode if it’s required.
- When the update finishes. A message might pop up asking whether you want to install the update now or later tap “Install Now”
- After, the Install process begins. You will see a message that says, “Verifying Update”, wait for it to finish, after the verification your iPhone will get back to restart itself.
- Once the install and restarting conclude you can begin to use your iPhone again.
Update IOS in Finder or iTunes
Your iPhone can also be updated through a wired connection with your Mac or Windows PC. Updating on a Mac running macOS 10.15, open a Finder. On a Windows PC or Mac running macOS10.14 or earlier, open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with a Lightning-to-USB cable.
- If it’s your first time you have connected your iPhone to your computer, click on “Trust” in the message that pops up
- Locate your iPhone on your computer, if it is in Finder, you will get it at the left side under “Locations”, then click it.
- In iTunes, search for the small iPhone icon in the toolbar near the top, click it
- In the window that shows up with information on your phone, go to General (In Finder) or Settings then Summary (in iTunes). Click on ‘Check for Updates’.
- If the update is available, click on the ‘Download ‘ and after it does, click on “Update”. Enter your passcode if you’re asked. The update installs, then you are good to go.
Check that your iPhone is Up to date
Immediately your phone finishes updating, you can still check to ensure that you have all current updates installed. Use these steps to check:
- On your phone navigate to settings
- Get to General, then to Software Update
- If it is fully updated, you will see it on the screen to show you that your software is up to date.