How to Permanently Delete Your WhatsApp Account. Social media messages can sometimes be so annoying. Like in the case of WhatsApp application. Especially if you join a group of like a Youth platform, it can be fill-up of a lot of unnecessary broadcasts that are not relevant to the group’s purpose. Most times you have the urge to Permanently Delete Your WhatsApp Account. Go, uninstalling the app from your devices does not delete the account on the WhatsApp service. This happens on both Android and iOS versions. Let’s guide you in this article and show you how to backup and How to Permanently Delete Your WhatsApp Account.
What is WhatsApp?
It is a social media platform where you can chat with other users, friends, and family with the use of data. It is a massaging app that uses secure encryption to keep your chats and phone calls secured and private.WhatsApp is a free app on smartphone devices such as android, iOS, and you can even use WhatsApp on your computer. With WhatsApp, you can send files, Images make free video calls, videos, etc.
What Happens when you Delete Your WhatsApp?
When you delete your WhatsApp account this is what happens;
- The Account will be deleted from WhatsApp
- Detach your phone number from your account
- Your massages will be deleted
- All your friend’s WhatsApp contact lists will delete from your phone number
- Your Google Drive backup will be deleted
- All your message history will be erased.
Additionally, once deleted such an account cannot restore the application takes up to 90 days to delete totally. During this time you will not access your data. Also, all your personal information shared on other Facebook platforms will be deleted too. This may sound a bit scary, but you rather choose to deactivate your account instead. Either way, ensure you backup first your data.
Steps on How to Backup Your WhatsApp Data
Before deleting your account, you will want to back up your data. Next, follow these steps to back up your WhatsApp account for your Android and iOS devices.
You can back up WhatsApp on an Android device using Google Drive. Follow these steps:
- Go to your WhatsApp App
- Open the application
- Click on the vertical three-dot menu seen at the top of the page
- Go to “Settings”, then “Chats” and choose “ Chat Backup” widget
- Click “Backup over” to choose the network you want to use.
- You can also click on the “Backup” button to backup with speed.
Backup on iOS/iPhone
It can be done automatically using iCloud by using the following steps:
- In your iOS device
- Go to settings and tap on your name/profile picture
- Click on the iCloud
- Scroll down to WhatsApp and make sure the toggle switch is set on. It will turn green
To back up from inside WhatsApp:
- On your device
- Open your WhatsApp app
- Click on “Chats”
- Click on the “Chat Backup”
- You can back up instantly by clicking on the “Back Up Now” button
- Turn on “Auto Backup “ using the toggle switch
- You can also choose to save videos with the “Include Videos” toggle
How to Delete WhatsApp Account Permanently
Deleting your WhatsApp account completely will remove your WhatsApp account from the servers and all related data. Since you have finally decided to delete your WhatsApp account permanently follow these steps:
Deleting from your Android
On an Android phone, the process is the same, just that the screen looks different. Follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp application
- Click on the three-dot vertical lines at the right corner of the page.
- Click on the “Account”
- Next, click on the “ Delete My Account” option
- Enter your full phone number and tap on the red link “Delete My Account button
- Your account will be duly completely deleted.
Deleting from iOS/iPhone
- Go to your WhatsApp app
- Open the app and click on the “Account”
- Next, click on the “Delete My Account” option
- Review the warning, key in your full phone number and click “Delete My Account” option
- Your account will be deleted
How to Deactivate your WhatsApp Account
To deactivate your WhatsApp account is rather more advice able than to delete it Permanently. Having a WhatsApp account most time help you save more. It reduces the rate of call making and SMS sending. On WhatsApp platform, you communicate with friends and family for free as long as you are connected to the Internet.
However, if you lose your phone or you just want to go off the platform sometimes. You have the option of deactivating the app rather than deleting Permanently. To deactivate your account, email WhatsApp and use the phrase “Lost/Stolen: Please deactivate my account” in the main part of the email. Includes your phone number in full international format as shown here.