Everyone needs to know How to Stay Safe at Work During The Covid-19 Outbreak. As this infectious disease novel Coronavirus continues to spread, a lot of cities are working more on their approach to keep this virus at bay. Citizens are asked to keep a social distancing and in some cases, to isolate themselves.
How to Stay Safe at Work During the Covid-19 Outbreak
Although some people are lucky to have the option of working from home, others still have to report to their place of duty regardless. This compulsion may apply to medical practitioners. In this article I will guide you with some tips on how to stay safe at work during the Covid-19 outbreak.
Social distancing means that we must change our everyday routine and minimize close contact with others. This means that keeping a distance of about 2 meters between ourselves and others. You will have to reduce the number of workers on site to ensure these distances are kept. Follow theses tips to reduce your workers at work.
Evaluate Your Work Tasks And Workspace
- Can any of your workers perform work tasks remotely? For example, to work from home?
- Can you reduce or suspend non-essential work, to allow some workers to stay home?
- Can you alternate and or add additional shifts to reduce the risk of exposure and improve social distancing?
- If it can be possible to position your workers who are performing your essential business tasks further apart and still get the task done?
- Can any of your workers perform their tasks in a location that enables them to keep more distance between themselves and their co-workers or customers?
Change The Way Space is Used or Shared at Your Workplace
- Let the space at office be minimize, including work vehicles, when you share, clean and disinfect frequently surfaces touched before leaving the space. For vehicles, this will include the steering wheel, gear shift, and radio. For desks this will includes the computer keyboard and mouse, desk surface and phone.
- Cancel or reduce in-person meetings and hold meetings by teleconference, video conference, or email instead.
- You can used work vehicles as satellite offices, for workers who can download work on their phone or portable computer
- All field workers should muster from home, instead of office, where feasible.
- Schedule rotating coffee and meal breaks to allow for a distance between workers during break times in break rooms. And do not share food or drink especially no buffet.
By taking these measures listed above, you and your colleagues can be sure of staying safe from each other thereby, containing
At work, try to cut down any form of close communication between workers. Make it clear that the friendliest communication between co-workers and customers is to keep a distance between them. Also, encourage workers to use a standard greeting with each others and to keep a safe distance.
Workers are advice that the use of surgical procedure masks should be used by sick people to prevent transmission to other people. A mask will prevent a person’s droplets in.
According to BC CDC, they advice it may be less effective to put on mask in the place when a person is not sick themselves. Masks may give a person a false sense of security and are most likely to increase the rate of times a person will touch their own face, for example, to adjust the mask.
Health workers may be having a higher potential risk of becoming infected. Because if their contact with infected persons. Health workers should wear surgical masks such as eye protections, gloves, and gowns in order to protect themselves and patients. During health care procedures in which aerosol spray may be generated. For example, when giving certain inhaled medications. Health workers must wear specialized masks example N95s.
Regular Washing of Hands
As a way of protection at work, it is necessary to wash your hands regularly with soap and water or with a hand sanitizer that’s greater than 60% alcohol. The main mode of transmission is by touching the surface that someone has coughed or sneezed on and then touching your face. The first line of defense is by hand washing.