How to Turn on Two-Factor Authentication on Facebook. Facebook account is a social media with large stores of information personal, business and many other private data. If such an account is being accessed without permission this could bring a very bad devastating experience to users. Users having a complex password is not enough to secure their account being a hack. It is therefore very essential to enable a Two-Factor authentication (2FA)on Facebook. It adds a level of security to the login process and helps protect your private information from hackers. Let’s see in detail on this topic How to Turn on Two-Factor Authentication on Facebook as you read on.
How to activate Two-Factor Authentication on Facebook
When your Two-Factor Authentication is activated you will be asked to verify your identity every time you log in to your account. To validate your options there are several methods to apply, these include inserting your one-time code sent to your mobile device or approving the authentication attempt on other trusted devices. To activate your Two-Factor Authentication on Facebook here are the steps below:
- Go to www.facebook.com
- Get to your Facebook profile page,
- Select the menu at the upper right-hand corner of the screen to the right of the question Mark (Help) icon.
- When the drop-down menu displays, choose “Settings” widget
- Facebook’s General Account Settings interface should now be visible.
- Select “Security and Login” widget at the left side menu
- Scroll down to the Two-Factor Authentication section, then select ‘Edit’, located next to the “Use Two-Factor Authentication” option
- Enter your Facebook password and choose “Continue” button
- At this point, you will see the Two-Factor Authentication dashboard. Next, follow the on-screen prompts to activate 2FA.
- Next, choose one or more methods to utilize 2FA, including the most common, which is to receive text messages containing a code you will need to log in
Alternative Steps to Activate Two-Factor Authentication
- An alternative path is to use a third-party app to generate said login codes. To apply this, Add a new app next to the “Authentication App” option and follow the on-screen prompts. For text messages, you can use a phone number already associated with your Facebook account, or choose a new one to receive these texts.
- Choose a backup method. You have the option of using a static recovery code only you know or tapping the security key (i.e., Touch ID) on a compatible device. These backup methods are not necessary but are important in case you cannot access your primary 2FA device or application. To configure, select “Setup” next to the “Security Key” and/or “Recovery Codes” options
- When you activate 2FA for the first time, you will see the option, if you want to save the computer, smartphone, or tablet you’re currently logging in from. If you choose any of the options, there will be no need to enter a security code each time you access Facebook. Note do not use a public computer to activate your 2FA.
How to Turn off Facebook 2-Step Verification
However, it is not good, you can still easily turn off your Two-Factor Authentication on your Facebook account by following the steps here:
- Log in to your account Facebook account at www.facebook.com
- Move to your profile on your Facebook page
- Choose the menu, located at the upper right-hand side of the screen and to where the question Mark (Help) icon
- Select Settings
- Select Security and Login, at the left menu bar
- Scroll down until you find the Two-Factor Authentication section
- Select Edit, located next to the Two-Factor Authentication option
- Enter your Facebook password and select the “Continue” button
- At the top of the screen, there is an indicator noting that two-factor authentication is on. Accompanied by the date it was first activated. Select “Turn Off”
- A confirmation dialog will now appear. Select “Turn off ” again to complete the process.