Find My iPhone is a free recovery tool given by Apple to help you recover your iPhone when Stolen or Lost. With this feature you can stop thief from accessing your information. This tool can work with your phone GPS and Internet connection to aid you find it using map functions. With the remote features you can lock it, play sound, erase or show the message info. To Use this recovery tool you be to set it up.
How To Set up Find My iPhone
- Click on the “Settings” icon.
- Select “privacy” option and then switch On location services
- Go back to settings, select your name or iCloud, as it appears on your phone
- Locate “Find my iPhone” tab and then put it on
- For your phone to send it’s last location before the battery runs out, Tap on “Send Last location” and then switch it On
How To Locate Or Erase your Phone
Make sure your lost device was set up before it got missing. To perform this act with iCloud website kindly follow the instructions below
Step 1 : goto icloud.com
- Login with the same Apple ID, use in logging into your iPhone.
Step 2: when you are signed in, click on “find iPhone” tab to browse for devices signed in with your Apple ID
- The recovery tool displays it on the map with the device location. When you see things like this you are free to have a close look at it my zooming.
To Find a Particular device instead of displaying all your devices
- Navigate above the map and click on “ all devices” widget
- Then Navigate and select the device you want to find
- When you choose any device, from the drop down menu Clickon “I” tabto see other options
Step 3: select the play sound to find your iPhone
- Click on “Play sound” icon. This option is necessary most especially when you feel some one standing or sitting close to you has the phone. Because your phone play sound which will help you locate it fast.
Step 4: Choose the Lost Mode option to find your iPhone
- Tap on “lost mode” button . The lost mode option allows you to stop the personal who stole your phone from accessing your personal data
- Key In your desired pass code, but if there is a pass code set up already on the device you will use same pass code. Alternatively you can write text that will show on the phone screen, if you just misplaced the phone or you can include your phone number to enable the person with the phone to contact you.
Step 4 : choose Erase iPhone option
When you select this option, you will not locate your stolen phone again using “Find my iPhone” tool. This option is applied only when you’ve given up on finding the phone.
- Press on “erase iPhone” tab
- Confirm you want to erase by clicking on “erase iPhone ” again and all the information on your device will not be accessed
Step 5: Select green dot if device is on Move
- Click on the green dot on the map that stands for your device
- Use the arrow in round form to update the location with a current GPS data
Four possible Reasons your device won’t display on Map
- When it has no Internet connection
- If it’s switched off
- When it has a low battery
- If location services it turned off