How to use Google Maps. Google Maps is a popular tool that enables you to find your destination quickly. Gone are the days when people miss their way, with the Google maps service you can’t miss your way for any reason. if you just got the app and you don’t know how to make use of it, don’t worry you will learn every bit of it in this article.
How to Use Google Maps
Before you can access this service, you must download the app on your device by visiting the Google play store or apps store.
Get your Direction
- Launch the Google Maps app on your device.
- Navigate to the search tool at the screen top and enter an address or name of the place.
- From the result screen, click on the location. The location will be marked with a red icon, go ahead zoom the picture to get a clearer view.
- Press on the “directions” widget it is represented with a blue icon beneath the screen. You will see a line that highlights the place you are looking for. In case you want to edit the beginning of the maps, go over to the search bar at the top to page and input the name or address of the starting location. Thus to access the menu of turn by turn directions select the “steps &more” tab.
- Click the “Start” button, located beneath the page. This will guide you to your destination.
Choose your transportation
You can choose your means of transportation by clicking the car, train, walking, lyft, bicycle and plane icon.
How to use google maps to add additional stops
Launch the Google maps on your device home page
- Get the location directions. Search for it using the search. Then select “directions
- Click on the three dots icon to view the options.
- Select “Add stop” tab
- You will see another search tool under the starting and ending search bar on the page.
- Go ahead and fill out your location address or the name. This will include a new area as a stop along with your router. You can add “stop” as many as you want.
- To remove a “stop” click the “X” icon
- Click on the “done” button.
Avoid tolls, ferries, and highways
On the maps home screen, Search for your directions location.
- Click on the Menu tab represented with three dots.
- Select the “Route” option from the menu. Toggle the switch beside the route tab.
- Press on the done link. For iOS devices, select the icon that looks like a bracket at the upper part of the page.
How to Use Google Maps to share Directions and locations
- Progress to the maps platform
- Browse for the location directions by inputting the name or address
- Press on the three-dot menu icon
- From the list choose “share Directions” or share location to share your location or directions.
- Choose how long you want to share your location.
- Press the app you want to share your directions to.
- Select the contact you want to share your directions or locations with.
- Proceed to compose a short message
- Send the message.