Do you want to know How to Use Skype for iPad and iPhone? Well, you are in the right place. Skype for iPad and iPhone using them to make free voice and videos call internationally is not a hard deal.
In this article on How to Use Skype for iPad and iPhone, I will be showing you how you can make calls on your iOS or iPad devices. The guidelines apply to all supported versions of Skype for iOS and iPadOS.
How to Use Skype for iPad and iPhone
To be able to use Skype on your iPhone and iPad you have to first get a Skype account. If you already have one you can use that one. Setting up an account is free. If you have been using your Skype on other machines and devices it will still work on your iPhone and iPad.
A Skype account is independent of where you use it. This means that if you had an existing Skype account you don’t need to create a special one for your iOS device. Visit www.skype.com
What You Need to Connect Skype Account
To get your Skype account working effectively you need to connect it to some devices. You can use the integrated microphone and speaker of your device or pair a Bluetooth headset to it. You can get good Internet connectivity through your iPhone’s or iPad’s WiFi connection or 4G data plan.
How to Download Skype on Apple’s App Store
Using an iPhone or iPad device, you will want to download and install the app to get started using Skype on those devices. It is very simple and easy, here is the process.
- Get to the App Store on your device
- On the home screen in the App Store, click on the “Search” icon
- Search for “Skype” on the screen that will pop up
- Skype app is near the top of the list of apps that are returned.
- Click on “Get” and wait for the app to download and install itself
Using Skype for the First Time
If you don’t have a Skype account, log in to the Skye app from your iOS device. Select the “Sign In” or “Create Account” button. Skype is tied to your Microsoft account login, so if you have a Microsoft account, you should already have a Skype username and password.
However, regardless of which devices you are using, just enter your Username and password to log in or check the box to Log in automatically. So Skype will always remember your login details each time you log in to Use to make a call or start a chat.
Additionally, when you log into Skype from your iOS device, you may also need to go through a tutorial on how to use the application and grant permission to access contact and learn other functions of your device. It’s easy and fast. Read through the section and click on the “Continue” or “Ok” button on the screen.
How to make a call with Skype on Mobile Devices
Making a call with Skype on iPad and iPhone is easy and convenient. The Skype interface allows you to access your contacts, calls, and other features. Here are the steps to make a call
- Click on the “Calls “ button at the left side of the screen
- Click on the phone icon for contacts from your list called “People “ at the left
- A dial box will appear, click on the phone number of your contact that you want to call. The country code is captured automatically. It can be changed. If the contact that you are calling uses Skype, you can call his or her Skype account for free.
- But if you’re calling a mobile or landline of the person, you will need Skype credit to pay for the call.
- Click on the “Get Credit” button at the top of your contacts list and add credit you can use for calls.
- One way to ensure you don’t have to pay for calls from s to call other Skype users. To communicate with someone that is not a current Skype user, you can tap on the “invite to Skype “ button to send an invitation for your contact to join Skype and connect with you as a contact.
How to Add New Contact to Skype
- If you want to add a new contact to your Skype, enter new contacts, and add their names manually.
- Clive on the “People” icon at the top right side of the “Contact” list.
- Or you search for the contacts and add them using the search bar in the “Contacts” button.
However, you can import contacts into your iPhone or iPad if you are using an existing Skype account where the contacts are found.
More Related Content
- Yahoo Mail Create Account – Benefits Of a Yahoo Mail Account
- 11 Tips to Make Your Business Page Stand Out on Facebook
- stbyop.com Activate Sim Card
- Mp3goo – Download the Latest Songs
- JP Morgan Chase Employees Login