Instagram Ads cost, is paying to promote what you’ve shared on the Instagram platform. Instagram Ads, helps you reach a larger and more targeted audience.
Types of Instagram Ads
There are 5 different types of Instagram Ads. You can choose any one that works best for you and your business.
- Photo Ads
- Video Ads
- Carousel Ads
- Slideshow Ads
- Stories Ads
How Does Instagram Ads Work?
You can run Instagram ads so that they appear right in the news feed of the audiences you target, alongside normal Instagram posts. These includes photo ads, video ads, slideshow ads, and carousel ads. All you need do is define your target audience, choose ad placements, and select a budget and schedule what works best for you and your business.
How Much Does Instagram Ads Cost?
The Average CPM (Cost per thousand views) on Instagram is $6.70.
How Do I Find Instagram Ads?
- Visit Ads Manager
- Tap on the campaign name that carries the ad you’d like to see ad metrics for.
- Tap on “View Charts”
- A section will be displayed at the top which includes Performance, Demographics, and Placement data.
- Click on “Placement”. If you selected Instagram as a placement, you will see it listed.
How To Buy Instagram Ads
Those who are new to Instagram advertising or Facebook, can use the following steps to get started.
- Start by creating a Business Page & Profile. Note, you must have a Facebook page to effectively run ads and create a free Business Profile on Instagram.
- Set up Ad, by choosing your ad objective, target audience as well as ad format within Ads Manager.
- Set a definite budget
- Lastly, publish.
How Targeted Are Instagram Ads Cost?
Those who advertise on Facebook and Instagram, can decide to target ads to people depending on a variety of factors, which includes location, age, gender, brands you’ve previously liked on Facebook etc.
How to Create Instagram Ads
Link Your Instagram Account To Your Facebook Page
This is the first step to creating an Instagram ad. Just link your Instagram account to your Facebook page. Here’s how to do it.
- Scroll to “Settings” on your Facebook page and tap on “Instagram Ads”
- Next, tap on “Log In” and type in your Instagram login details. If you do not have an Instagram at this time, you can also create one now.
Create An Instagram Ad Campaign
Head over to Ads Manager, and create your first campaign.
- Visit Ads Manager, and tap on “Campaigns” button and then “+ Create” close to the top left corner of the screen.
- Then choose your campaign objective. Bear in mind that not all objectives are compatible with Instagram Stories Ads.
Create Your Instagram Ad Set
On the Ad Set Page, select “Purchase” as the type of conversion you want to optimize for.
You also have the liberty to add an Offer, that will help drive more conversions on your ad.
Thereafter, define who you want to view your ads, as well as how much money you want to spend. Targeting options are available for Instagram ads as well as for Facebook ads.
In case you have any Custom Audiences already created, you can choose them for targeting with your Instagram ad at this point.
Thereafter, choose your ad Placements. You’ll be shown an option to run your campaign on Instagram, as well as Facebook and Messenger.
Tap on “Continue” at the bottom right.
On the next screen, an option to choose your Instagram ad format will be displayed. Take note, that Canvas format is not compatible with Instagram. Immediately you’ve decided, navigate down to upload your images or videos.
Once your visuals have been uploaded, navigate down to the add text option on the left.
Lastly, to the right of the text editor, you’ll be able to preview how your ad will be displayed on Instagram.
Click on “Place Order”. If you are not comfortable with the way your ad looks, you can go back and make changes.
Analyze and Optimize Your Instagram Ads
Once your ads starts running, you are to monitor it’s performance and test ideas to find the most effective messaging, creative, and targeting within Ads Manager. You can also edit your Instagram ad to incorporate split testing, change the targeting parameters, as well as view analytics for the performances of your ads.
You can now start running your Instagram Ads and target the right audience for your business.