Students who are new to Canada with no credit history can now take advantage of the L’earn Credit Card which offers accelerated Money-back rewards for students.
Learn Credit Card Features
- Cardholders enjoy a 1% Money-back reward
- Free from annual fee stress
- With your card, you can spend wisely, and earn valuable rewards
- You can make use of your card, to build a good credit rating
- L’earn Credit Card is compatible with Visa payWave™. All you have to do is wave your card and go
- Qualifies for My Mobile Wallet
- Qualifies for Apple Pay, as well as Android Pay
- Easily check out online with Visa Checkout
- Rewards you with an accelerated Money-back rewards program
- Enables you to save on car rentals
- Revel cash advantages
- Offers you protection, from some of life’s unpredictable events like disability, job loss, strike or lockout, critical illness, or loss of life.
L’earn Credit Card Eligibility
- You must be an International Student with at least 6 months left on your permit
- Should reach the age of majority in your province/territory (18 years in AB, MB, ON, PE, QC, SK, 19 years in all others)
- Must not be declared bankrupt in the past seven years
- A Canadian address is needed.
Scotiabank Card Application?
You can apply by doing the following;
- Scroll to the Scotiabank application page
- Review, and consent to the terms and conditions of the credit card
- Tap on the “Continue” link to proceed further
- Key in the following; First name, Middle initial, Last name, Home phone, Mobile phone, and Email address.
- Next, enter your employment information, which is the employer name, phone number, and time employed
- Thereafter enter your gross monthly income – annual income before deductions divided by 12.
- Monthly housing costs – monthly rent or mortgage payment
- School information – name, program, expected graduation date
- Your passport is required
- Key in your date of arrival in Canada – you must currently be in Canada and have arrived in Canada within the last three years
- Then enter your Canadian Visa /Landing Document Number.
How to Add a Supplementary Card?
To request a supplementary card, log in to Scotia OnLine®. Note, that you will be responsible for all transactions made by the supplementary cardholder you add to your account.
How to Activate my Card?
You can activate your card online or call their customer care. Activating your card is quick, easy, and secure. Once your card is activated it is ready for use.
Note; Only the primary cardholder can activate a credit card.
How does the Moneyback Reward Program Work?
L’earn Credit Card instantly offers you a Money-back reward of up to 1% on purchases you make using your card.
With Low Money-back reward tiers, you easily earn more rewards.