Netlify CMS is a content management system designed for Git workflow, which gives room for you to bring editors with a friendly intuitive and UI workflows
What is Netlify?
Netlify is simply a cloud computing company based in San Francisco, that offers hosting and serverless backend services for static websites. It lets you connect GitHub, GitLab or Bitbucket repository to a site to enable continuous deployment. So anytime you push to your site Git Provider, this company runs a build with your tool and then takes the result to their strong CDN. So if you want to enjoy a modern static website, you can give Netlify a trial.
How does Netlify CMS work?
People can use this CMS with any static site generator to create a flexible and faster Web project. Thus every content is located in your Git repo. Including the code which makes it easy to version, create multiple channels and then get an option for a content update within Git.
Moreover, the Netlify CMS is seen as a covering for the Git workflow, with the use of Bitbucket, GitHub and GitLab. It comes with diverse benefits which are outlined below.
With the use of the Git repository mentioned above, it Brings up lots of benefits which are
- A quick Web-based UI. It brings about quality text editing, drag and drops media posting and a real-time preview
- The installation process it’s very easy. All you need is to add two files to the site and hook up the backend.
- It offers flexible content types. It uses the custom field to specify a limitless number of content types.
- Creates UI widgets, editor plugins and custom-styled previews with its extensible feature.
- It offers modern authentication.
Netlify CMS and Netlify
When you talk about Netlify.com is simply a site you can use to build, deploy, serve and manage your website and Web apps. Have it mind that it’s not all Netlify website uses Netlify CMS. That is to say, not every Netlify CMS is on Netlify.
Netlify Sign up
Follow this registration process to create an account.
- Go to their official site at www.netlify.com
- On the main screen, move to the right top corner of the screen and select the signup tab.
- It will take you to the new page, you will be given options to use and sign up which are GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, and email.