Samsung Pay is a payment setup that allow you make payment at retail stores with your mobile smartphone. With this system of payment there’s no need of carrying your wallet containing your credit or debit cards all over the places.
How Does it Work
Samsung Pay works with Near Field communication (NCF) and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST). NCF technology is used to send Credit or debit cards details to NFC enabled payment terminal. However it also allow short distance communication with all supportive devices. Then the MST technology deals with traditional payment terminals, it helps in transferring Card information to terminal. Therefore you can make use of Samsung Pay any where there is payment terminal or traditional Card machine.
Is Samsung Pay Service Free?
Samsung Pay is not totally free, although users gets rewards points when they use Samsung Pay for payment transaction. With this service you can enjoy promotions such as getting Cashback on every payments made with it.
List Of Compatible devices
These are smartphone that supports Samsung Pay Service. Galaxy A7(2017, Note9, S9,S9+, Note8, S8, S8+, S7, S7 edge, S6 edge+, J7 pro, A5(2016),A8+, A9 pro, A5(2016)
How do I Setup Samsung Pay?
- If you don’t have the app on your phone, you will need to download any software update, simply go to your phone “setting”, then click on “software update” tab
- Tap to open Samsung Pay app, you will get direction on downloading and installing the full app
- Exit the video shown on the screen to, then sign in to your account and click on the “start” tab
- Accept the terms and conditions, then tap on “next” widget
- Setup a verification method
- Create a Samsung PIN
- Press on “Add card” tab. In other to include your card
- On this page, it activates your phone camera , requesting to capture the front of your card, when it captures the card number and it’s expiry date, you will be prompted to CVV code and your name as shown on your card and follow the instructions to add your credit or debit card
- After you have completed the task, click on the “Next” button, wait for some time then Concur to the terms
- Verify your card by taking the procedure provided within the app Sign the card if prompted
How To Make Payment With Samsung Pay
- Swipe up from beneath of your home screen
- You will see your card displayed on the screen, but if you have setup lots of card, you can swipe to right or left screen to select your preferred Card.
- Click on “IRIS” tab or Tap the “PIN” button to Key in your PIN, place your finger if you are using finger print sensor.
- Place the back of your phone to the payment machine
- When your card has been detected, you can stop placing the phone on the payment terminal
- Key in your Card’s PIN on the machine, if you are ask to. You can now make your transactions.