Student Credit Card Discover, is a great card for first-timers, with excellent cashback if spent in it’s rotating categories.
Discover offers two credit cards for students. They are; The Discover it® Chrome for Students and Discover it® Student Cash Back.
Student Credit Card Discover
The basic difference between both cards is the cashback you earn on the Discover it® Student Cash Back.
The Discover it® Chrome for Students offers 2% cashback at gas stations and restaurants for up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter, after which you earn 1%.
In comparison, the Discover it® Student Cash Back wins over The Discover it® Chrome for students, which is why we will dwell more on the Discover it® Student Cash Back in this article.
- Students who are new to credit cards who spend in the card’s rotating cash back categories
- Those who are new to credit
- Those who have a fair credit score of 580 or higher.
The following, are the basic benefits that cardholders enjoy as they apply for, and get the card:
- No annual fee
- Limited-time bonuses, like cashback match and good grades reward
- Get rewards up to 5% cashback in rotating categories
- Intro APR, for purchases and balance transfers
- Students can use their cashback at Amazon.com
- Designed with consumer-friendly account features
- Shop abroad with ease with no foreign transaction fees
- Get your FICO score for free
With these benefits, making purchases with your card becomes more profiting.
Things You Should Know Before you Apply
Here are the basic requirements that an intending cardholder needs to meet to be able to successfully apply for the card:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a college student
- Be a US citizen or resident
- Full name, address, and contact information
- Total annual gross income, monthly housing payment and total available assets
- Social Security number and mother’s maiden name
- School info, your degree type and your expected graduation date.
What Credit Score Do I Need?
Customers with no credit are welcome by Discover. Those who have poor credit may not be approved for the card.
After meeting the above-mentioned requirements, you can use the following application steps to apply:
- Visit the Discover website, and tap on the “Apply Now” tab
- Key in your name and choose a card design
- Complete the application form by filling in your address, contact info, as well as your income information
- Enter also your mother’s maiden name, school information, checking and savings account information, and school mailing address.
Thereafter, you can wait for a response from the card issuer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to get my Discover it® Student Cash Back?
An applicant can likely get a decision immediately he/she applies. In case you have issues with your application, you may have to wait up to a few weeks for a decision.
Once you are approved, you can expect to get the card within 7 to 10 business days.
Can I use a student credit card anywhere?
Yes, you can. Use your card anywhere Discover is accepted because it’s a normal credit card.
Do I need a co-applicant when I apply for this card?
No, you do not need a co-applicant except Discover asks for one. You may need one if your income or credit score is not enough.
Do I still need to make payments on my card during my intro APR period?
Yes, you’ll be required to make at least the minimum payment each month to avoid delinquency on your card payments.
Student Credit Card Discover Customer Service Number
Contact the customer care unit by calling at 1-800-DISCOVER, for enquires on Student Credit Card Discover.
- Sears Credit Card Application – How to Apply Now
- MasterCard Vs Visa Which Is Best For Me?- MasterCard And Visa Credit Cards Review
- HDFC Credit Card Customer Care: HDFC Credit Card
- My Netflix Subscription Credit Card – How To Subscribe For Netflix Using My Credit…