Heard about the AIMP app designed for Android users? If you have never heard of it or you have but don’t know much about it, be our guest as take through the app features and all that you need to know about the app. AIMP is an old school playlist-based audio player app designed for Android OS. Currently, the app has been improved to have general compatibility with external file management apps.
This full-featured music player app, is designed with sound quality and wide customizable functionality. AIMP supports 30 audio formats and the audio is processed in 32-bit for crystal-clear sound. The player feature on the other hand, features an 18-band graphics equalizer with extra built-in sound effects.
With AIMP, users can even extend the existing functionality by adding input DSP, and Gen plug-ins from Winamp. All local and global hotkeys are customizable and has a full Unicode support. Users can also convert Audio CD to MP3, OGG, WAV, or WMA. Additionally, users can grab sound from any audio device on their PC to MP3 OGG, WAV, or WMA formats.
Features of AIMP
AIMP has quite an array of features which makes it stand out among other playlist apps. The include the following:
- Supports formats like – AAC, APE, DFF, DSF, FLAC, IT, M4A, M48, MO3, MOD, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, MPGA, MTM, OGG, OPUS, S3M, TTA, UMX, WAV, WEBM, WV, XM.
- Offers support for Android Auto and custom Car PCs.
- Supports OpenSL / Audio Track / AAudio output methods.
- There’s support for CUE Sheets
- Supports OTG – storages and custom file providers.
- Balance control
- Playback speed control
- 29-band graphic equalizer.
- Sleep Timer
- Custom themes support
- Built-in light, dark and black themes.
- Ability to customize theme hue.
- Supports night/day mode.
- User defined playback queue
- Automatic detection of tags encoding
- Album Arts support (from tags /from file folder /from the internet)
- Multiple playlists
- Smart-playlists based on folders
- Internet radio
- Lyrics support
- HTTP Live Streaming
- Can cross-fade tracks
- Can down mix audio files to mono (optional)
- Register playing track as ringtone from player.
- Repeats playlist /track /playback without repeating.
- Controls playback from notification area.
- Controls playback through gestures in album art area (optional)
- Playback control via headset.
- Switch tracks through volume buttons (optional).
- Volume normalization using replay gain or peak-based normalization.
- Can delete files physically
- Sort files by template manually
- Group files by template
- Ability to search files in filtering mode.
- Shares audio files.
More Features of AIMP
- Ability to add to playlist only chosen files, folders.
- Play files from the File Manager applications.
- Play files from Windows shared folders (only v1 and v2 of samba protocol are supported)
- Integrates with standard lock screen.
- Widget for the desktop
- Widget for the notification area.
What’s New with AIMP?
- AIMP’s compatibility with external file management apps have been improved.
- Simp meaning File Information Dialog has been adapted for devices that have small screen.
- AIMP theme package now offers default colors for desktop widgets.
- Simp card, lock screen – seek bar navigation has been added (firmware should support this feature too)
- Fixed – an error which happened during application restoring if Settings Dialog was displayed before suspending has been fixed.
- The Fixed – sound lags that happened during playback on some devices has been fixed.
- Fixed – automatic reconnection to internet radio station when connection is lost does not work has been fixed.
This is where the AIMP Android app falls short:
- AIMP app does not have built-in music library and uses old school playlist-based approach for music playback.
- AIMP app may work incorrectly on devices based on M.I.U.I. firmware.
It is expected that as periodic improvements are added to the AIMP app, that the absent parts of the app get fixed or improved.
How Does AIMP Manage Playlists?
Playlists are the most important component for every music player. So, while you can curate playlists manually, AIMP offers you the option of using the “Smart Playlist” feature. It can be used in creating a playlist to match your mood and preferences without much effort. Jhene alko can additionally be used to listen to internet radio stations, a feature which is missing in popular programs like ALL Player.
Other interesting features of the simp card, includes audio converter, alarm clock, and more. Other than running like a usual application, AIMP is available in a portable version.
AIMP is available in a portable version, which you can easily download and install on a USB drive. You can also use the app on any Windows 10 desktop or laptop. With AIMP, you can also play around with pitch, tempo and speed settings.