The Westpac Low-Rate Credit Card happens to be the one and only intriguing credit card by Westpac, and the application process is stated here. The card has an annual fee of $509 and a respectably low-interest rate of about 13.49% on purchases and 21.49% for cash advances.
This credit card comes with a much better interest rate for making purchases and should definitely catch the interest of young entrepreneurs or young homeowners who rely solely in achieving their goals. If you would like to apply for this card, then keep reading this content as it entails details on how to apply for the credit card and more.
Westpac Low-Rate Credit Card
Low Purchase rate? You can check out the low annual fee for the first year. Awesome introductory offer? While it might not chock-full of fancy features, the Westpac low-rate credit card certainly has its attractions. In fact, it’s Westpac’s most popular credit card.
Why would this unassuming little card be very popular? Aside from the card’s intro offer which is quite enticing, the card does not have any flashy drawcards. It’s simple, with no frills. It does exactly what you expect it to do. So, if you are not really that into the features and rewards if you just want access to a credit card at a low rate, then this card could be quite appealing.
The following eligibility criteria need to be met in other to complete the application process for the Westpac low-rate credit card.
- Expected to be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a resident of Australia
- Expected to have a valid piece of government identification
Westpac Low-Rate Credit Card Application
Below I would be giving you all the steps that you would need to follow in other to apply for the Westpac Low-Rate Credit Card. to kick off the application process, head to the homepage at www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/credit-cards/finder/
- They review the credit card guide and the credit card fact sheet as they both cover the terms and conditions for the Westpac Low-rate credit card. once you are done. Click on the Westpac low-rate credit card link.
- Designate if you are a Westpac customer or not
- After that, click on the continue icon
- Then enter the following details in the provided space, they include:
- Mobile number
- E-mail address
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Residential address
- Length of time at this address
- Choose the branch closest to your address
- They provide proof of citizenship in one of the following ways:
- Driver’s license number
- Medicare card
- Australian passport
- Once you provide it, click on “Continue”
- On the ensuing pages, you would ask to enter some general financial details and then review and submit your application.
Once you have completed the step for the application, you will have finished the process for the Westpac low-rate credit card.
Westpac Low-Rate Credit Card FAQ
Is Westpac a Mastercard?
The Westpac Debit Mastercard is a great card for your everyday purchases. It is easy for you to access bank accounts for your everyday transaction needs. Select from a range of accounts that would help you save.
How do I Avoid Westpac Monthly Service Fee?
If you have a choice account, the account-keeping fee would be waived if you deposit at least $2,000 every month, and it might also be waived in other circumstances, like if you are under 30, or you are a full-time tertiary student.
What Does a Low Rate Mean on a Credit Card?
A good annual percentage rate (APR) for a credit card is a that’s below the current average credit card interest rate. A much lower rate means you would accrue lesser interest if you carry a balance on the card.