Why You Need A Drivers License And How To Get It? A drivers license is an official document, plastic just like a credit card that lets users operate motorized vehicles like car, truck, bus or motorcycle on a public road.
However, the law that guides licensing of drivers varies between jurisdictions. Thus, in most jurisdictions, a permit is given after the recipient has passed a driving test, while for others, people get the permit before they start to drive.
Moreover, different types of permit usually exist for different kinds of vehicles, especially big trucks and passenger vehicles.
Why You Need A Drivers License And How To Get
Drivers license has lots of benefits for users. It can serve as a means of identification. For instance, you can use the driver’s license as your personal ID when you want to open a bank account. There are so many reasons why you need to get one if you don’t have it. To find out the benefits that come with DL, read the field under.
Benefits Of Drivers License
Check out the importance of DL below
- It serves as a means of identification as a licensed driver. The main purpose of this license is to notify law enforcement agencies that you have gotten your DL in the state you live in and also that you’re legally allowed to drive vehicles.
- Your DL can serve as your official personal ID. With this, you can be able to prove you are who you said you are. You can use it while enrolling for school, opening an account, applying for gov benefits, applying for loans etc.
- With your DL, emergency officials can be able to identify you when you’re involved in an accident.
- Should in case you lose consciousness, with the universal organ donor symbol, doctors will be able to know if your organs can be harvested for transplants.
- When you have your DL in your wallet or bag, it is will be very easy for a good Samaritan to return you’re lost but found wallet/bag.
These are some of the importance/benefits of having a drivers license.
How To Apply For Drivers License In Nigeria
To get a drivers license, do the following
- Enrol for a driving training course at an accredited school according to FRSC.
- Take the driving test supervised by VIO
- Obtain the Cert of driving proficiency
- Fill out the application form
- Make your payment
However to apply online
- Visit https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/
- Tap on the DL Application
- Select “New driver’s license” button
- Key in your driving test Cert number and validate
- After validating your number, complete the form
- Make your payment
- You can now print out the acknowledgement slip.
The procedure above are guidelines on how to get a drivers license in Nigeria.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria
According to Nigerian drivers, License.org applicants gets their permanent license within 48 hours. It doesn’t take time to get. Seeing the need for a DL, you should try and get yours if you don’t have already. For more information visit https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org
However, you can also check out the cost of a DL in Nigeria on the website.
- QFC Credit Card | QFC Credit Card Application | QFC Credit Card Login
- The Aline Card | The Aline Card Application | The Aline Card Login
- Best Credit Cards For Jewelry: 5 Best Credit Cards For Jewelry
- Credit Cards Zero Interest – Best Credit Cards with Zero Interest