Windows 10 Ethernet Issues have several factors that can contribute to it. That is to say, Ethernet not working might be related to a lot of factors. I will be tabling down factors that causes Ethernet Issues in this write up.
Factors that causes Windows 10 Ethernet problem
- Outdated Ethernet driver
- Cable issues
- Failing hardware
- Damaged network driver
- Operating system problem
How To Fix Ethernet problems on Windows 10
Try the following troubleshooting steps below to fix windows 10 Ethernet problems.
Verifyif Connection isEnabled
Mostcases when the Adapter Is not enabled, it contributes to the Ethernet connection. So to verify this, follow the directives below
- Right-click on the “start” tab
- Navigate to select “Network connection” widget. then It will display all connections
- Check if your connection is turned off, if so, right-click on it, then choose “Enable”
Use Another ports on the router
You can’t connect to the router when the port is faulty. Therefore try a different port to see if it’s brings solution to the issue.
Try To Reset Your Network
- Move to “settings”
- Click on “Network &Internet” button
- Navigate to “status”
- Move downward, then tap on “Network reset” widget
- Select the “reset now” tab, then click on “Yes” button. After that, wait until your system restarts, then you can check if the issue is resolved
Use inbuilt Network Troubleshooter
Windows are embedded with a troubleshooting tool that helps to locate and fix most network problems.
- Go ahead and search for “Network Troubleshooter”, then choose the corresponding result
- Allow it to run for some time to see if finds the windows Ethernet problem
- If it locates an issue, click on “Try these repairs as an administrator”, offer Admin approval when requested
Update network card driver to fix windows 10 Ethernet Issues
Connecticut issue might be that the drivers are out of date, all you need is to upgrade it. therefore,If the issue is from the drivers, I recommend you download and install Driver Easy. Then allow it to recognize your PC and also find the appropriate drivers that matches it.
- The first step is to, download and install Driver Easy on your PC
- Launch it, then tap on “scan now” button, so that it can search for drivers problems in your system
- After detecting problems, then click on “update” button
Check for Viruses to resolve windows 10 Ethernet problems
There are viruses that hinders network connections on Windows , that is to say, you need an anti-virus software to run a scan on your PC. So You can use Windows defender to do that.
- Tap on the “start” button
- Click on “all apps” widget
- Open the “Windows system” folder
- Choose “Windows defender” tab
- Go to scan option, then select “full”. After which you click on “scan now” button . Wait for a while for the scan to complete.
Check your network cable to fix windows 10 Ethernet problem
Go to your “Network connection status” to find the cable connection state. If your connection status displays “Network cable unplugged” it shows that the network card cannot recognize when a cable connects to it. Therefore Ensure that the cable connects to the Ethernet port and the other to the router. But if the cable status shows “connected” disconnect and reconnect it back.