Have you heard of Yahoo Groups before? I will be glad to tell you more about this topic in this article Yahoo Group. Yahoo Group is offered by Yahoo. It is a free-to-use system of electronic mailing lists. Yahoo group is one of the world’s largest collections of discussion boards online. However, this is a group of people coming together with the mutual aim. Yahoo group had other sub-group and members are allowed to subscribe to other different groups. This includes read subscribe discussions online, view and share photos, files, and bookmarks within a group.
The members have access to a group calendar, could create polls for group members, and receive email notifications of new discussion topics, some groups were simply announcement boards, to which only the group moderators could post and others were discussion forums.
For new members to gain approval or invited to any group was based on the group settings. Recently, Yahoo removed access to online discussions and all other features remaining membership management then turning all groups to mailing lists.
CHECK THIS OUT: Yahoo Mail Change Password – Yahoo Mail | Mobile App | Yahoo Mail Sign Up | Steps to Change Your Password
Yahoo Group Features
The Yahoo group is designed with unique features and all group owners are allowed to add any other features to their group. Below is a list of group features on the Yahoo group platform:
The Group Members
Like us see what the feature yahoo group members have or limited to.
- Group members are allowed to create different polls for the status of the group including choices from fo users ID display
- From the members list one can see the list of registered and confirmed profiles of all members of the group and the basic information provided
- The group members can post Email messages to the group via the group’s page or website.
- There is a group calendar for members to plan a schedule for the group with regular events.
- This was known as calendar announcements.
- File storage: Members are permitted to store files
- They promote features. It is in the feature that you find the HTML/URL box for the display of the website.
These are the list of member’s limits above.
The Administrator – The owners/Managers
The administrators are the owners and managers of each group.
- Management: The manage the group activities, they approve and remove defaulters in the group. They give answers to any questions directed to the group.
- Invite: The managers also invite more people to the group using email
- Management of Email messages: They approve new messages and remove messages too.
- Approval of posts: They approve messages that are posted in the groups
Option features. This is used to edit the display of the group’s home page and others.
The list you see above are administrators function and you know you know who administrators are right.
Category of Yahoo Groups
The group in the Yahoo group platform are arranged in various categories. This is based on the essence of group creation. Before creating a group you must decide what topic the group will be discussed based on the approved category set by Yahoo. Here is the list of the categories;
CHECK THIS OUT: Yahoo Inbox – Features of Yahoo Mail Inbox | Yahoo Inbox Updates | Yahoo Mail Account
- Business and Finance.
- Health & Wellness.
- Computers & internet.
- Culture & Community.
- Entertainment & Art.
- Family & Home.
- Hobbies & Crafts.
- Government & Politics.
- Religion & Beliefs.
- Schools & Education.
- Recreation & sports.
- Romance & Relationships.
Here are the categories of yahoo and if in case you want to access any of the categories. You just have to click on category type.
How to Create a New Group
Creating a new group on the Yahoo group plate is very simple. It is important to follow the steps listed below:
- Go to the website of the Yahoo group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/dir.
- Scroll down and click on the “Start a New Group “ icon.
- On the pop-up form fill the space with the required information including the name of the group,
- Description of the group, the Web address of the group.
- Group Email address and choose the settings to choose either (Restricted or private).
- Choose the category of group enlistment.
- Then click on the “Next” button for further information.
To be able to create a group successfully on yahoo you need to own your personal yahoo mail account. This takes us to the next topic on how to create a Yahoo account.
ALSO, CHECK THESE: Yahoo Mail Desktop – Yahoo Mail Download | Yahoo Mail Create Account
Yahoo New Account Registration
However, since you are on the yahoo page, it will be necessary to have your own personal yahoo account that is, if you do not have an already existing account. Here are the steps to create your own account.
- Visit Yahoo.
- Get to the left side, at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Sign In” icon.
- Scroll down to the button of the page and tab on the “Create an account” tab.
- Next, enter your first name and surname in the blank space.
- Create an email account and a strong password.
- Confirm the password you have created.
- Then, enter your mobile number.
- Key in your birthdate in the space provided.
- Add your gender.
- Get down and click on the “Create Account” button.
- You will receive a congratulatory message if the account registration is successful.
With these guidelines that I have given above, you can easily create your yahoo account for free.
Yahoo Sign In
Using your account to sign in to the Yahoo platform will offer you access to the platform. You have to Sign in to the Yahoo platform using your Yahoo account. Here is how to sign in to your Yahoo account.
- Go to Yahoo.
- Tab on the “Sign In” widget on the page.
- Enter your Yahoo ID, email address or mobile phone number.
- Click on the “Next” button and follow the next prompt.
- You will be accessing your account from here.
This part is meant for those with yahoo account, that is if you already have an account you can just quickly sign in your account with this step.
Accessing Yahoo Groups
Follow the steps below to go to your yahoo group.
- Go to the Yahoo website https://login.yahoo.com/.
- Login to your Yahoo email account.
- At the top of the screen to access yahoo Group.
- Click the “Group” Icon.
- On the next page, at the search groups bar.
- Key in the name of your group.
- From the list of the result choose your group or find a group if you don’t have one. Select from the categories on the platform.
- Once you have found a group, click on it. On the group page, click on “Join a group”.
- You will have to wait for the group administrator to confirm or approve your entrance.
This is the step to access your yahoo group without stress.
CHECK THIS OUT: Yahoo Mail – Yahoo Mail Gets Cross Platform Themes | Organized Mails | Set Up a Business Email