Nimbl MasterCard, is aimed at children between the ages of 8-18, and helps teach your kids how to handle their money better, and has strong security measures just like adult credit or debit cards.
Nimbl MasterCard is powered by MasterCard and issued by PrePay Technologies Ltd under a license by MasterCard® International Incorporated.
Nimbl is a great company, they have an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 60 reviews left anonymously by their employees. With Nimbl, you get to set up pocket money, and unique parental controls and assist your children in learning how to save and spend money responsibly.
Nimbl has a parent account for you and a linked account for each of your children, all managed online or via the mobile app, available on both iOS and Android. Nimbl has been an excellent discovery enabling pocket money to get paid right into children’s NIMBL accounts. They get used to saving and managing money – using cards. Offers them some independence while learning and it is safe.
Both the parent and the child can download the Nimbl app on the mobile device, allowing the parent to have access and parental controls and pocket money payments, and the child can view their balance, move money into their savings, and further set up micro-savings. You should be able to download the app from your Play Store or Apple App Store if you are making use of an iPhone.
Nimbl Benefits for Kids & Parents
- Helps kids, set saving goals
- This card can be used to withdraw cash from machines
- Use your card online
- Charges no fee for sign-up
- Make contactless payments
- Offers websites for managing permissions
- Smartphone app for managing permissions.
What Fees/Rates apply?
- Monthly Fee – £1.25 (paid 15 annually)
- Cash Withdrawal – 49p
- View Your Statement – FREE
- Card Cancellation – FREE
- Paying Regular Allowances or Pocket Money – FREE.
Nimbl MasterCard Sign up
Sign Up Criteria
- The child must be your legal responsibility
- He/she must be aged between 8 and 18 years of age when they sign up
- The parent must be the legal parent/guardian for the child(s) he/she is applying for
- Be 18 years of age
- Must be a UK resident
How do I Sign Up?
- Visit https://nimbl.com/public/signup/web, with these details,
- Parent’s first name. Parent’s last name. Email address. Confirm your email address, and choose a password
- Tick on the box that reads “Send me nimbl’s special offers and updates if you are interested
- Tap on the “Start my free trial” link.
Nimbl MasterCard Activation and Login
- Visit nimbl.com/login
- Choose “Activate card” from beside your child’s profile
- Enter the last four digits of the card number
- Enter your child’s date of birth and gender
- If you want, set up pocket money, and create a nimbl login for your child, to enable them to experience the full benefits of the nimbl app
- Tap on the “Activate” button to complete the card activation
- Go through the nimbl card’s PIN, by choosing “Show PIN Number” from the popup window.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Nimbl MasterCard contactless?
Yes, Nimbl cards are contactless.
How secure is the nimbl card?
Nimbl prepaid debit card is powered by MasterCard® and has the same strong security measures in place as an adult credit or debit card. Nimbl, uses industry-leading security in their web app and mobile app to protect your data at all times.
How are parents a part of nimbl?
As a parent, you can set appropriate spending limits, and choose whether the card can be used in-store, online, or for withdrawing cash. Parents can use the Nimbl app, to get instant alerts about their child’s nimbl card activity to help oversee safe and appropriate use.
How long does it take to receive the card(s)?
You’ll get your card(s) within 7-10 working days from the day you signed up online.
If you do not get your card(s) within the stipulated time, please contact Nimbl via nimbl.com/contact-us/
How do I get a replacement card?
If you have lost or damaged your card and need a new one, please contact Nimbl via email at nimbl.com/contact-us/ to order a replacement.
Replacement cost £5.00 per card, which will be charged to the parent account.
Where can Nimbl card be used?
Nimbl card is powered by MasterCard and is accepted at over 32 million in-store and online locations worldwide.